Classic Rock Bottom

Artist: Whitesnake

Genre: Rock

Country Of Origin: Britain

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Member: No

Album: Whitesnake

Released: April 7, 1987

Producer: Mike Stone/Keith Olsen

Singles: Here I Go Again/Is This Love/Still Of The Night/Cryin' In The Rain ('87)/Give Me All Your Love)

Song Of The Week: Cryin' In The Rain

RIAA Certification: 8 X Platinum

Album Cover: 8/10

Facts (by Wikipedia)

1. This was a number 2 album in the U.S.

2. The album contained 4 charting singles (Here I Go Again #1/Is This Love #2/Give Me All Of Your Love #48/Still Of The Night #79).

3. Special guests on this album included Don Airey, Adrian Vandenberg, Denny Carmassi and Vivian Campbell.

4. Whitesnake's previous album, Slide It In, went from Gold to Double Platinum after this album was released.

Observations (by RJhog)

1. The first six tracks are excellent.  The unsung hero here is the opener, Cryin' In The Rain.

2. Coverdale's vocals are outstanding.

3. The videos for Still Of The Night, Is This Love and Here I Go Again are three of the best ever.

4. Tawny Kitaen was totally hot in 1987.

1. Cryin' In The Rain

2. Bad Boys

3. Still Of The Night

4. Here I Go Again

5. Give Me All Your Love

6. Is This Love

7. Children Of The Night

8. Straight For The Heart

9. Don't Turn Away

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh man. I loathe this album.

Good to know...Bon Jovi next week, then Bruce Springsteen, then The Outfield.

Don't forget Firehouse and Foo Fighters!  He loves them so....

Yep, and Bob Seger too.

Kitaen was indeed Smokin' Hot in the 80's!

I love Slide It In, loved it from the first time I heard to this day!  But this one suffered from over-exposure and too much glam/hair/Mtv/Cheese etc.  As such I never had t buy this one because all I had to do was turn on a TV, a Radio, ride in someone else's car, or hang out anywhere.  You get the idea.  Overplayed.

That said, its a cool album to hear again after all this time, and what was overplayed back then still sounds overplayed today.  But the deep cuts are quite nice, not SLIDE IT IN quality, but nice.  This album and the next one Whitesnake released made me forget about them until Good To Be Bad and Foverermore came out.  Two albums which I think are very solid.  Whitesnake being Whitesnake is a very good thing, Whitesnake trying to be hit makers whole 'nother thing.

I'd love to hear something from their back catalog, something before Slide It In.  This is a thought I've had before and never followed up on it.  Now is the time.. 

Cool Post!  Now I get to do some musical exploration too...

Something before Slide It In? Be nice and it could happen.

Let me know, I have one pre- Slide.

I promise not to make fun of your love of all things ABBA, and Culture Club for at least 2 weeks if you do!

You have do be like that? Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?

Yes, because we are just that sadistic.

3 weeks?

Maybe. If you're a Super Trouper.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)