Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 201 ATLANTA RHYTHM SECTION - DOG DAYS (1975)

Artist: Atlanta Rhythm Section

Genre: Southern Rock

Country Of Origin: United States

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Member: No

Album: Dog Days

Producer: Buddy Buie

RJ's Top 5 Tunes: 1. Dog Days...2. Crazy...3. Silent Treatment...4. Cuban Crisis...5. It Just Ain't Your Moon

Disclaimer:  All "facts" come from wikipedia.com unless otherwise noted.

This week's Album Of The Week comes from way down South.  It's Dog Days by the Atlanta Rhythm Section.  As with last week's post, this is a vinyl rip.  I picked this up for the outrageous amount of one dollar a while back.  I've got a lot of these one dollar albums and I'm trying to get some of 'em posted.  So you may see several of these throughout the rest of the year.

My usual source for tidbits about albums, Wikipedia, has the grand total of one sentence about this album: "Dog Days is an album by the southern rock band Atlanta Rhythm Section, released in 1975." That's it.  That's all any of us need to know.  There were no hits on this album, but it's not bad.  I also wouldn't classify it as great, but worthy of at least one listen if you like Southern Rock.  One single was released (Dog Days) and actually hit #64 on the U.S. charts, but I can't say I remember ever hearing it.  

You can pick up one of those BGO two cd combinations of this and Red Tape for about 17 bucks, if you are so inclined. 

Side One:

1. Crazy

2. Boogie Smoogie

3. Cuban Crisis

4. It Just Ain't Your Moon

Side Two:

5. Dog Days

6. Bless My Soul

7. Silent Treatment

8. All Night Rain

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this band.  Its like they couldnt do anything wrong while Ronnie Hammond was in the band at least.  Best tracks here are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8.  My fave being Boogie Smoogie and All Night Rain!  I have this remastered I will be jamming to it on the way to work tomorrow!

Nice work boss!!

Good thing some of us don't have to worry about someone's pathetic use of Wikipedia to get info about an album when we can open the CD booklet and have a nice little read about the band and this album. Just amazing how some people just like taking a shortcut and then they bitch and whine because there's limited info. Just amazing.

Dedicated person that I am, I listened to the player instead unwrapping and listening to my BGO 2-fer. That's right, I will get deep and correct info about this album at a later date. I don't need it now even though it would have been nice if someone had taken a little effort and done a little research. That's not asking much, is it?

Thankfully, Scott has provided more info than the OP. He takes the extra effort and it shows. Without his info, I would not know what his favorite tracks are and that they couldn't do no wrong with Ronnie Hammond in the band. As a bonus, he let's us know that he was jamming to this on 4/25/14.   

Compare that to the OP. Band name, album title and then blah, blah, blah, blah, one dollar, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, #64, blah,blah, blah, blah, 17 bucks, blah, blah, blah, song titles. Yeah. Lots of research there.

There is a site where you can get a lot of the BGO albums for cheap. This past weekend I ordered 3 BGO 2-fers plus another CD and the total was $42. Thru amazon, the price was almost $80. This site I speak of sends coupons, the last one I had was $20 off an order of $50 or more, so I got some stuff for free! See? INFO!

Never heard this album before, but I like it. I've picked up a few of those ARS 2-fers, just need to get the single disc remasters of "Quinella" and "Champagne Jam" and I'm set. I do have to original CD's of those two albums, but think they would sound much, much better as remasters. Wow, look at that. MORE info and without relying on Wikipedia. Stunning, huh?

Thanks for the info, Scott. It made me listen to this fine album with more knowledge than what I got from the OP!   

Exhausting.  

I'm sure it is for you and Wikipedia.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos