Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 210 THE WHY STORE - THE WHY STORE (1996)

Artist: The Why Store

Genre: Rock

Country Of Origin: United States

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Member: No

Album: The Why Store

The Why Store is an American band out of Muncie, Indiana.  They formed in the late 80's and released their first recordings in 1993.  They may or may not be currently active, who knows?  Anyway, this is a pretty good album that a Facebook friend of Scott's turned me onto.  I saw this in the used CD store and picked it up.  The guitar playing is very nice.  That's all I have to say, listen for yourself and form your own opinion.

1. Broken Glass

2. Father

3. Nobody

4. Surround Me

5. Fools Bargain

6. Lies 

7. Good To Me

8. So Sad To Leave It

9. Sunrise

10. She Likes To Move It

11. Fade Away

12. When I'm With You

13. Lack Of Water

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah...  my old school friend Kip!  He pushed this band hard for awhile, must be something to them.  Since we grew up in the same small town, same schools, same sports teams, and same gene pool of friends I'll trust him... 

But it has 13 songs. That's "too many".

I agree.

Agree....

I agree with your agreement.

This was pretty good. In some instances, I got a Joe Cocker vibe from the lead singer. Wonder if he did the JC moves on stage? This doesn't sound like something from the 90's, sounds more like something from the 70's. Never did it bore me, but some tracks stood out more than others. One day I might pick this up. Didnt't find it to be a long album either. Nice pick.

You two are S-N-E-A-K-Y  Sneak\y!!!  You've taken your colluding ways to new heights this week by hiding it in the album covers, color palette and style.  You guys are getting into each other brains so deeply that the connection may never be broken!  And all we can do as Bottom Feeders is sit back and watch this happen and say "Ewwww!"

Liked this band, at times a lot.  But at other times it felt like the same song was playing over and over.  13 tracks is definitely too long for this style of songwriting and playing.  Still very nice, but not purchasable...

Nice work boss!!!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos