Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 217 LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM - OUT OF THE CRADLE (1992)

Artist: Lindsey Buckingham

Genre: Rock

Country Of Origin: United States

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Member: Yes (Fleetwood Mac)

Album: Out Of The Cradle

Producer: Lindsey Buckingham/Richard Dashut

Running Time: 48:42

RJ's Top 5 Songs: 1. Doing What I Can...2. This Is The Time...3. Street Of Dreams...4. All My Sorrows...5. Countdown

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it).

How 'bout a solo album this week?  It's Out Of The Cradle, Lindsey Buckingham's third overall solo album, but first after his departure from Fleetwood Mac.  It was released in 1992 and didn't exactly burn up the chart (#128 in the U.S.).  Four singles were released (Wrong/Countdown/Soul Drifter/Don't Look Down) and none of them even scratched the U.S. Hot 100 chart.  

So that's it.  It's a very decent album.  It features Buckingham's personal style and his signature playing.  And that's all I have to say.  Do you have anything to say?

1. Instrumental Introduction To Don't Look Down

2. Don't Look Down

3. Wrong

4. Countdown

5. All My Sorrows

6. Soul Drifter

7. Instrumental Introduction To This Is The Time

8. This Is The Time

9. You Do Or You Don't

10. Street Of Dreams

11. Spoken Introduction To Surrender The Rain

12. Surrender The Rain

13. Doing What I Can

14. Turn It On

15. This Nearly Was Mine

16. Say We'll Meet Again

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is what I have to say:

This is a really good album, but it took me quite a few years to finally pick it up. Like maybe ten years after it came out, even though I did have his previous solo albums. One thing I can say about his albums is that they're filed with goodness, even if it might be weird goodness. I mean, some of his stuff is just really off the wall. ne thing about this album is that it seems longer than it actually is but in a good way.

That's what I have to say.

Ive been an owner of this since the early 2000's.  Its probably my favorite Buckingham solo effort.  For all his quirkiness and experimentation, he's always very good.  This album has some hints as to what the Mac would become without Christine McVie.  I think it sounds very much like his cuts on "Say You Will" - not a bad thing!!

So I had this before you did!

Did I say 2000's?  That was a typo.  I meant 1992, on its release day ...

Keep digging!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos