Classic Rock Bottom

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

It's time for a little something from 1975.  My first thought was Born To Run, but I don't own it.  I should, but I don't. So I decided to go with one of my favorite Styx albums.  Equinox is your CRB Album of the Week.  Dang, this was 42 years ago.  I've been busy this week, so I don't have the time or energy to make a list of stuff that happened that year. Instead, I'll just go with what I remember about this album.

As usual, that's not a lot.  I remember the album cover.  Not because I owned it, but because my cousin had it.  I loved the idea of a piece of ice on fire.  It was captivating. As for the music, the only song that I really remember from back then was Lorelie.  I thought it was killer.  Still do.  One of my all-time favorite keyboard riffs as well as potentially my favorite Styx song.  I don't remember Suite Madame Blue from back then, but that is truly an amazing song as well.  It's a great closer and would be great song to be featured on a "closer playlist", if there was such a thing.  So now, I just know this is a tremendous album.  If you don't own it, you should.  Make amends.  Maybe if you try hard enough, you can find a bootleg copy of the version Styx recorded with Gowan doing DeYoung's vocals.  

Side One:

1. Light Up

2. Lorelei

3. Mother Dear

4. Lonely Child

Side Two:

5. Midnight Ride

6. Born For Adventure

7. Prelude 12

8. Suite Madame Blue

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You do not have to own any Springsteen, in fact I consider my collection to be all that much better because he's not in it!

Whew. Amost had to sit thru BTR. Thankfully, that didn't happen and hopefully will never happen again in my lifetime.

I picked this up just to hear a JY raging rocker. And there is one. And it RAGES!

I don't remember when I picked it up, though. But I remember I liked it, not only for the raging rocker, but for that epic last track. Perfect for the Bicentennial, which I remember nothing about. Except ships. And maybe a parade. 

You know, there's not a bad track on this here album.

I did a term paper on equinoxes and featured this album quite heavily. I received an "F". Don't know why.

Looks like a consensus on never posting Springsteen... Yes!

You....know....that's....just....gonna....make....me....do....IT!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Out of those VERY american rock-bands from the late 70's (besides KISS, Van Halen and Cheap Trick, who I of course was a biiiig fan of back then, so I'm thinking Journey, Boston, Styx...and whatever), I really like the sound of Styx.

I guess, I got to know them, when they already wasn' that good anymore (1981), and I was not impressed at all back then.

I am now...well sort of, I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I really like their sound, and especially the guitar-sound. The leadsingers voice, I ain't particular happy about. Therefore it's very refreshing when somebody else takes over (Lonely Child). This is a good album, but I don' think it's my favorite, but I still don't know all their best albums that well. Some day I will.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos