Classic Rock Bottom

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

I've gotta be honest with you, the mid to late 90's is not a time period that presents a lot of options for me as far as albums go.  But this week we'll go with Youthanasia by Megadeth.  1994 saw the album's release, the sixth studio album for the band.  It followed the album that got me into the band, Countdown To Extinction.  

It did very well commercially, scoring a Platinum certification by the RIAA.  And it peaked at number 4 on the Billboard 200 chart (it sold 143,000 copies the first week).  There was a few singles, but none of them charted on the main Billboard chart.

You can pick yourself up a copy of the album, remastered and with bonus tracks, for just under ten dollars from Amazon.  That's a good deal no matter how you slice it.

Tracks:

1. Reckoning Day

2. Train of Consequences

3. Addicted To Chaos

4. A Tout le Monde

5. Elysian Fields

6. The Killing Road

7. Blood of Heroes

8. Family Tree

9. Youthanasia

10. I Thought I Knew It All

11. Black Curtains

12. Victory

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe I picked this as one of my favorite album covers at some time somewhere, somehow. THERE'S BABIES HANGING FROM A CLOTHESLINE!!!!!!!

CLASSIC!!!!

Another fine album in a string of fine albums, then it was lost for a bit and then they came back. Not on par with RIP, but nothing really is.

HOLY SH*T! THAT BE A LOTTA BABIES!

IT was you're CTE post that got me started on Megadeth, but it was Jon who pointed me to this album and its a good one!

It's all because of the plethora of babies. Admit it.

True, but I'm also intrigued by those industrial strength clothes pins...

I've been picking at this album the last couple of days, mostly because my wife isn't a Megadeth fan and cranking this album up only can be done in parts...  Shame to, if she'd just cut loose and let the distortion and chest pounding bass drum kicks take hold I think she'd actually like it.  But no..  alas, its back to Lionel Ritchie... Now try that?  Reckoning Day followed by Dancing on The Ceiling... Oh what a feeling indeed!!

All said and done I love this album and I love the renaissance of the band as of late.  Dystopia still gets attention from me as well as Super Collider and Endgame.  But that's not this... At 13 tracks (My remastered edition contains track 13 as Millenium of the Blind + 3 demo tracks) its a typical 90's CD, but at least its good all the way through unlike other bands CD's of the time...

I may have came late to the Megadeth party but I'm not wasting time catching up!  This album is cool!!!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos