Classic Rock Bottom

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

Since it's Thanksgiving, this week's Album of the Week is Easter, by Patti Smith Group.  I realize that the ladies are not featured often in this forum, and although I'm not starting a series or anything like that, I am going to try and feature more feminine fronted bands in the future.  Easter is Patti Smith Group's third studio album, released in 1978.  

I don't have a lot to say this week, but I will tell you that Easter reached number 20 on the Billboard chart, thanks in large part to a number 13 showing by the Bruce Springsteen penned Because The Night (number 5 in the UK). I will also warn you that there may be offensive language or words used here, but remember, I'm in no way responsible for their use, I'm just featuring the album.

The album is cheap on Amazon, only $4.99. 

Tracks:

1. Till Victory

2. Space Monkey

3. Because The Night

4. Ghost Dance

5. Babelogue

6. Rock N Roll N*&ger

Side Two:

7. Privilege (Set Me Free)  

8. We Three

9. 25th Floor

10. High On Rebellion

11. Easter

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a fine album. I don't have any Patti Smith for some reason, probably just never got around to getting some. Think I was going to once and then forgot about it, but I totally dig this. 

Now are you going to feature more "feminine fronted bands" or "female fronted bands"? There could be a difference, but I want to stay PC and am just making sure?

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos