Classic Rock Bottom

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

I told myself that I would make every effort this year to feature the ladies more often.  I thought about maybe doing a ladies month, but instead I'll just sprinkle them throughout the year.  This is my second of those posts, the first one being Quarterflash a few weeks ago.  Your CRB Album of the Week is Lita by Lita Ford.  I'm sure that you know Ford's start came (at sixteen) as the lead guitarist for The Runaways.  After that she went solo, which is how she arrived at this album in 1988. 

The album was easily Lita's most commercially successful album, climbing as high as number 29 on the US chart. The strong showing helped the album gain a Platinum certification as well.  Kiss Me Deadly was a Top 20 single (#12).  I'm sure it's the song most folks think of when they think of Lita Ford.  It seems to me like there was a pretty decent video for that song that circulated fairly heavily on MTv as well.  Maybe It's on Youtube and I can add it to this post.  My personal favorite is Close My Eyes Forever, a duet with Ozzy Osbourne that cracked the Top 10 (#8).  That single was also certified Gold.  Back To The Cave and Falling In And Out Of Love both failed to chart.  

I can't say I was much of a fan, and until recently, I had never owned a single release by Lita Ford.  But I picked this up several weeks ago (pretty cheap at the used CD store) specifically to bolster my female rockers collection and to just give it a chance.  See if I like it.  I can't answer that yet because I still haven't listened to it.  I'll be listening to it along with the rest of your Bottom Feeders this week.  If you have Amazon Prime,You can pick up a brand new copy for under 4 dollars as an add-on item.

Side One:

1. Back To The Cave

2. Can't Catch Me

3. Blueberry

4. Kiss Me Deadly

5. Falling In And Out Of Love

Side Two:

6. Fatal Passion

7. Under The Gun

8. Broken Dreams

9. Close My Eyes Forever

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This still isn't good at all. I remember having this once, gave it a listen and either filed it away, gave it away or lost it. The seonc dsong is the only decent one here, this is definitely an album that screams "sell out!". Had one of her albums that came out before this and it was much, much better, but still not the greatest. Believe it was the one with the blue cover, something about dancing in the album title. Saw her open for Twisted Sister in England.

I have owned the album since it came out (on cassette!). It is her most successful album in terms of sales, that much is for sure. But her albums Stiletto and Dangerous Curves that came after this one are also chock full of good songs.

I remember that both Nikki Sixx and Lemmy co-wrote at least one song on this album with Lita.

I listened to this today, and I think it was pretty decent.  It won't win any awards for lyrical genius, but it is quite melodic with some nice guitar playing.  I can't say it makes me wanna run out and buy more LF, but it wasn't a bad listen for me.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos