Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 410 DURAN DURAN - SEVEN AND THE RAGGED TIGER (1983)

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

We revisit 1983 this week by featuring Seven And The Ragged Tiger by Duran Duran as the Classic Rock Bottom Album of the Week.  The singles from this album were all over the airwaves back in the early 80's, so I'm sure your memory dials it up pretty easily.  

The album made it up to number 8 in the US (it was number 1 in the UK).  It is certified Double Platinum.  Three very successful singles were released from the album.  Each of those made the Top 10 in the US (Union of the Snake was #3, New Moon on Monday was #10 and The Reflex was #1).  

The album is still available.  As a matter of fact, you can pick it up for less than five dollars brand new on Amazon. It was reissued in 2010 with an extra disc of music and a DVD, but that appears to be out of print right now.

Tracks:

1. The Reflex

2. New Moon On Monday

3. (I'm Looking For) Cracks In The Pavement

4. I Take The Dice

5. Of Crime And Passion

6. Union Of The Snake

7. Shadows On Your Side

8. Tiger Tiger

9. The Seventh Stranger

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't remember New Moon on Monday but I do remember the other two. I heard them on the radio but never owned this album.

Thia album is really fun. Maybe more geetar than other DD albums but this one is different in that there's really not a track that seems just like filler. Other albums is seems that way, but I don't totally remember. Maybe one day I'll pick this up, my greatest hits disc does the trick for now. For some reason I always thought that second track was on one of their earlier albums, but this one is kinda early since it's their third so I obviously don't know much.

But I know I love you.

Ooops. Sorry about that.

I think Jon posted a LFAOW from these "guys" that I actually kinda sorta liked...  This one?  Not-so-much....  No offense  :-)

This band is take it or leave it...  I'm firmly in the leave it camp.  Except for Girls on FIlm, but Im on record about that one as well...

I tried this yet again...  Sooo friggin' keyboardy!  I think they wasted Andy Taylor's talent in this band in general, but for dang sure on this record... even when there are guitar breaks they are uninteresting and over synthesized.

I almost pulled the trigger on buying this album today. Just couldn't do it.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos