Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 418 GEORGIA SATELLITES - GEORGIA SATELLITES (1986)

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

The Georgia Satellites hit the airwaves pretty hard back in 1986 with this self-titled debut album.  Well, at least with one track from it.  The album rode the strength of the big number 2 Billboard Hot 100 hit Keep Your Hands To Yourself all the way to the number 5 position on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart.  The album also contained the minor hit (but great song) Battleship Chains.  All of this led to a Platinum certification for the album.

I just bought this album for the first time a few weeks ago, and that is what you are listening to, if you are listening.  I also picked up a used copy of In The Land of Salvation and Sin on the cheap recently.  I heard the big hit on the radio earlier today, which is what prompted me to get off of my butt and post and AOTW.

You can find a remastered copy of this on Amazon for just under 18 bucks, or you can check your local flea market and maybe you can pick it up for a dollar like I did.

Tracks:

1. Keep Your Hands To Yourself

2. Railroad Steel

3. Battleship Chains

4. Red Light

5. The Myth of Love

6. Can't Stand The Pain

7. Golden Light

8. Over And Over

9. Nights of Mystery

10. Every Picture Tells A Story

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have this on vinyl. Or cassette. But I do have one of their greatest hits CD's. Got really tired of that first song, but never got tired of the 3rd song. Now, since I have heard that first song for quite awhile, I now accept it. Overall, the album is pretty good, better than I remembered, but it does have a tendency to all sound the same after a bit. Except for that third song. Maybe one day I'll pick this up, would like the remaster but ain't no way I'm spending 18 bucks for it. 

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos