Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 436 STEPHEN STILLS - ILLEGAL STILLS (1976)

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

***Note - Due to Podsnack folding, album is embedded below the article if you would like to listen to it.

Album: Illegal Stills

Artists: Stephen Stills

Released: 1976

Label: Columbia

Producer: Stephen Stills, Don Gehman

Chart Performance: #30 US/#54 UK

RIAA Certification: N/A

Singles: Buyin' Time (Did Not Chart)

Notes: Why am I posting Illegal Stills this week?  Because I just picked it up recently and I listened to it this week for the first time and I really enjoyed it.  As a matter of fact, I like everything I've ever heard by Mr. Stills.  For the most part anyway.  And Soldier is a most terrific song if you've never heard it.

It's out of print and runs about 20 bucks used on Amazon, or you can pick up a three album collection of Stills, Illegal Stills and Thoroughfare Gap for around 14 bucks new.  That's probably the better option if you are interested.

Side One:

1. Buyin' Time

2. Midnight In Paris

3. Different Tongues

4. Soldier

5. The Loner

6. Stateline Blues

7. Closer To You

8. No Me Niegas

9. Ring Of Love

10. Circlin'

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is really good. I swear I read a review somewhere that said this wasn't good and have no idea what they're talking about. Not that I've ever listened to reviews (BLACK PANTHER IS NOT A GOOD MOVIE), but I still have to pick this up. 

Hey, he looks like Owen Wilson on that album cover. That sucks.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos