Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 47.5 (SPECIAL MID-WEEK EDITION) HAREM SCAREM - HUMAN NATURE (2006)

This weeks Special Mid-Week Edition of AOTW is by request from Jon.  He posted Harem Scarem's Voice Of Reason from 1995 in LAOTW and was interested in hearing some additional HS.  As it just so happens, I have the 2006 release entitled Human Nature.  For those of you not familiar with Harem Scarem, I can't tell you much more than they are/were a Canadian Melodic Rock band (I do believe they have since disbanded). 

This album is much more melodic and pop oriented than the one Jon posted.  Voice Of Reason is much heavier.  Now, being more pop oriented isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I think the best songs off of both of these albums would make a fantastic album.   The best songs on this album, in my opinion, are marked with an asterisk.  There is some average, almost filler material here (Next Time Around, Reality, Don't Throw It Away, Going Under and Tomorrow May Be Gone).  The two songs that are italicized and marked with an asterisk (Hanging On and Starlight) deserve special mention.  The verses of these two make me think they belong in that filler category, but the choruses save these songs for me and put 'em right back in the "like" column. 

Although I don't think it's a great album, it definitely has it's moments.  Like I said earlier, an album combining the best of this release with the best of Voice Of Reason that was posted by Jon would be an excellent album.  Human Nature is available for about 8 bucks (used) from Amazon's Marketplace if you are interested.

Best Song: 21

Most Likely To Skip: Going Under

1. Human Nature *

2. Next Time Around

3. Caught Up In Your World *

4. Reality

5. Hanging On *

6. Don't Throw It Away

7. Give Love/Get Love *

8. 21 *

9. Starlight *

10. Going Under

11. Tomorrow May Be Gone

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet! I shall listen Friday!
Finally was able to listen to the whole thing today and it's ok. You're right, it's more pop oriented than "Voice Of Reason" so I'm not purchasing. Decent listen but not what I'm looking for. Thanks for posting though!

You are welcome.

"Human nature" is an okay song. Again, it's kind of easy listening, on the booring side.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos