Classic Rock Bottom

Artist: Aerosmith

Album: Get Your Wings

Producer: Ray Colcord and Jack Douglas

Band Members: Steven Tyler/Joe Perry/Brad Whitford/Joey Kramer/Tom Hamilton

Singles: Same Old Song And Dance/Train Kept A Rollin'/S.O.S. (Too Bad)

Best Single/Best Hidden Gem: Train Kept A Rollin'/Seasons Of Wither

Best Of The Rest: Same Old Song And Dance/Lord Of The Thighs/Spaced/S.O.S. (Too Bad)

Album Cover: 6/10

This week's album of the week comes from 1974.  It's Get Your Wings by Aerosmith.  This was the band's sophomore album.  It scored a triple platinum certification by the RIAA despite having only one low charting single out of the three that were released.  I was never much of an Aerosmith fan until Pump came along, but this is one of the bands that I have gone back and purchased some of their back catalog, specifically the first four albums, and I'm really glad that I did.  I will also say that while I don't remember this album from my youth, I do remember that my cousin had Toys In The Attic, and I specifically remember him liking the Big Ten Inch Record song.  But that's neither here nor there.

To me, there are only two songs that hold no interest from me, and each one closes out a side of the album. Everything else is quite good.  I don't really have a clue what Joe Perry Plays and what Brad Whitford plays guitar wise, but the playing is really very good.  And I'll give credit to Tom Hamilton as well 'cause I think he does a great job on bass.

The album should be quite easy to find on Amazon.

Did You Know:  This album was originally called "Night In The Ruts", which was a title actually given to a later album?

Side One:

1. Same Old Song And Dance

2. Lord Of The Thighs

3. Spaced

4. Woman Of The World

Side Two:

5. S.O.S. (Too Bad)

6. Train Kept A Rollin'

7. Seasons Of Wither

8. Pandora's Box

Views: 566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two good Aerosmith postings on the sameday!  Isnt this one of the signs of the apocolypse?  I need to re-read Revelation, I'm pretty sure its in there somewhere...

It is!

And lo, on the 23rd day of the 9th month, there cameth a postingeth of absolote magnitude that causeth the sky to rend and the waters to turn black whilst the fishies grew legs and came out of the waters. Nay and forsooth, thou thinketh the impossible for it came to pass on the sixth day of the third week of the two thousandth and eleventh year of this, the year of the bat, for Aerosmith was the one postethed and the shrieks of the banshees cold be heard as they doveth from the skies and ate the flesh of those unprepared but those who bought the OFF Banshee Spray at their local Wal Mart were saved. And they beheld!  

I KNEW IT!!!!
Nice listen...  Love Woman Of The World, Train Kept A Rollin', and Seasons of Wither as my favoritre hidden treasures.
I had this years ago and never bothered to replace it on CD. It's ok, definitely not my favorite listen.
Jon, Jon, Jon! This is a classic! Just liketh youreth posteth..
I dunno Gordo....it just doesn't GRAB me. Never has, probably never will.
Tracks 1, 2, 6 and 7 are my favorites on this album.

1,2,4, and 7 for me. Love "Train" too, but a little burnt out on it. But I've started listening to Aerosmith a lot lately, for the first time in years. And going to see a tribute band called "Aeromyth" is one of the reasons why. The dude who does Tyler is fantastic at it! The looks, the clothes, the voice, and even the stage moves. Put me in "Aerosmith renaissance" mode!

Does the singer fall down in the bathroom too?
Is he missing a tooth?
I bet he is working on it!!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)