Album: Rumours

Producer: Fleetwood Mac/Ken Caillat/Richard Dashut

Band Members: Buckingham/Nicks/C. McVie/J. McVie/Fleetwood

Singles: Go Your Own Way/Don't Stop/Dreams/You Make Loving Fun

Best Single/Best Hidden Gem: Go Your Own Way/The Chain

Best Of The Rest: Everything 

RIAA Certification: 19 X Platinum

Album Cover: 7/10

Let's face it, Rumours was a mammoth selling album for the band.  There's really not much I can say about it that you probably don't already know.  This is a re-post from Classic Rock Revisited (my third favorite album of all that I posted their) and it closes out MacVember (Fleetwood Mac month).  

Also, if you notice, I named The Chain as my favorite hidden gem.  We all know there are no hidden gems from this album.  It's been played to death.  But for the sake of naming a "favorite hidden gem", I picked from the non-singles.

I must say I don't know where Jon and I are going with our albums next week.  He's been doing a lot of talking, not really pulling his weight.  I try to sit back and let him have the spotlight so that he doesn't cry about it, but there's only so much a self-respecting musicologist can take.  We may need a break.

1. Second Hand News

2. Dreams

3. Never Going Back Again

4. Don't Stop

5. Go Your Own Way

6. Songbird

7. The Chain

8. You Make Loving Fun

9. I Don't Wanna Know

10. Oh Daddy

11. Gold Dust Woman

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Go your own way" is without a doubt THE best song, they've ever released!!!!

Mac Week 1...

RJHOG:  Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac

JON: Fleetwood Mac - Bare Trees

Point goes to RJHog since  the self title Mac is better.

Mac Week 2...

RJHOG: Bob Welch - French Kiss 

JON: Paris

Point goes to Jon for the Zeppelin-esque Paris

Mac Week 3...

RJHOG: Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna

JON: Lindsey Buckingham - Go Insane

Point goes to RJ for the more melodic time enduring album

Mac Week 4...

RJHOG: Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

JON: Fleetwood Mac - Then Play On

Point goes to Jon for the Peter Green geetars but Rumors is the better of the two albums, its just been overplayed ...

RJhog 2, Jon 2.  Nice work dudes!

Hold on. I'm not equal to Rjhog. Absolutely no way. You need to re-calibrate your point system and do it all over again. I should obviously be way ahead of him, just because it's me.

I contemplated this for hours, days, weeks!  All told, Ive probably spent over 10 minutes tracking this and putting this response together! 

I must say, I'm not disappointed to see the end of Limpwood Mac N Cheese month...I mean Strokewood Jak month...I mean...

Actually, I'll say it again...I have mellowed with age, and this is a pretty decent listen. Don't own it, and probably never will, but its a good disc to spin if your mood is right. And I must say, I had forgotten how much I actually really dig the last track, "Gold Dust Woman"..."Go Your Own Way" is a song I've always liked, but Gold Dust is my favorite I think.

"Never Going Back Again" is a nice little accoustic number, and not sure if I ever heard it before. Have heard "Don't Stop" a bunch on radio, but enjoyed hearing it again. And it has a pretty good guitar lead on it.

Great vocals I think, on "Songbird" but it's so mellow, it almost makes me sad to listen to it. "The Chain" is another tune I've heard before on radio, but after hearing it again here, I gotta say its really a pretty great song....excellent vocal work, and I love the guitar picking on it. And the "outro" section at the end, that starts with the bass guitar line, is very enjoyable.

Overall, not the kind of music I seek that much, but its really much better than I ever gave it credit for, back in my younger days. I could see myself buying this if I ever found it at the used CD store, for five bucks or less.

Well, I request that you do it again and maybe take 11 minutes. That might make a huge difference.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos