Classic Rock Bottom

Surely you were expecting something this year that would knock your socks off, instead it was much less than what you were expecting.  Post it here.  Let's see who let you down...

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me, it's gotta be The Snake King by Rick Springfield.  I have always been a big fan of his work.  Even when his last release was supposedly a country album, I still liked it.  But when it came to this release, it just didn't cut it with me.  I have barely made it through it one time.  It seems like there was a devilish theme going on.  I am going to grab it and put it in my truck and spin it again.  I wonder if I can finally make some sense of it?

I bought quite a bit of CDs this year. And as always, some of them I liked more than the others. Nothing unusual in that. But there was one CD, I absolutely regret buying. In fact, I ejected it from my CD player, took it down to the garage and literally trashed it to the bottom of my garbage can (and I'm not talking about the Recycle bin), then summoned up the largest loogie I could, and spit on it to seal its fate.

It was: AMERICAN TEARS - Hard Core

What a load of crap, that was!

Well now that's certainly a bad review for sure. LOL

It sucked me in with the title track. Nice keyboard solo... and all that. I thought, there would be more of the same on the CD. Instead, it turned out to be a painful reminder, why I track down most of the songs from a CD these days to give them a preliminary listen before I commit to buy the whole album.

Lesson learned.

So you wouldn't recommend it?  LOL!

Well, tastes come in many shapes and sizes, but note to my future self... 

Next time Mark Mangold releases a project... Put it through scrutiny!

I think my biggest musical disappointment this year would have to be the Red Dragon Cartel album Patina. If you read my review of the album, you'll understand why.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos