Classic Rock Bottom

I took a ride to the Sandwich Public Library tonight for the latest stop on author Hank Phillippi Ryan's book tour for her new suspense thriller THE HOUSE GUEST.

Turned out to be a very good night. I ran into fellow Jungle Red Writers commenter Joan, who I hadn't seen in a number of years.

Once I got to where the event was being held in the library, I saw Hank signing books that had been pre-ordered. She saw me and said hello and that it was nice to see me. (We hadn't seen each other in three years, and that was at a book signing for another author). She then surprised me by saying that someone from The Strand Magazine had reached out to her looking to get in contact with me. Color me shocked, to say the least.

At the start of her talk, she mentioned how it had been three years since she'd seen people including both myself and Joan. After a brief interview, the floor was opened up to questions and people were asking them with Hank providing answers and stories.

I asked a question and before she answered, she said to the crowd, "This is Jay, a well-known book reviewer and now I'm terrified." That sent a chuckle through the room.

I don't know why she gives me such great shout out and support. It is always a surprise and always appreciated. I mean, how lucky can one dumbass like me get this kind of support from authors who certainly don't have to go out of their way for me.

After the event finished, I waited until everyone else had gotten their books signed and then Hank signed not only my newly purchased copy of THE HOUSE GUEST but also the two books of hers that I had bought the last couple of years but hadn't yet gotten signed.

On National Read Across America Day, Hank Phillippi Ryan sure knows how to continue to make one hell of an impression!

Views: 5

Reply to This

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos