Classic Rock Bottom

Once again, this year we will do a Top 10 Countdown right here on CRB.  As each album is revealed, it will be added to this thread until we reach the number one album.  The list was compiled through nominations and voting open to all CRB members.  If you took the time to nominate and vote, I want to extend my personal thanks to you.  

Be sure and click the album cover to get a review done by a member of the CRB staff.  We hope you enjoy the countdown and the final Top 10 list.

1. Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

2. Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Erase

3. Toto - XIV

4. Def Leppard - Def Leppard

5. Ghost - Meliora

6. Thunder - Wonder Days

7. Halestorm - Into the Wild Life

8. Sweet & Lynch - Only To Rise

9. Europe - War Of Kings

10. The Answer - Raise A Little Hell

Views: 1119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, that's what it sounded like.  Your apology is accepted.

I really liked Symphony X, listened to it after I saw it on the awards ballot. Veruca Salt & Nightwish are a nice inclusion. Great bands, never got a chance to hear all of their new albums.

I think at this point we know each others musical tastes well enough to predict some of these lists.  Mine always lean heavy to pop-rock/AOR/Melodic Rock...

I too would love to see all the lists posted ...  Hopefully everyone who voted will.  I wonder how we can get more people to do this?  Maybe we start talking about early in the year and keep it up?

Because I have to produce a list for CRB and for KNAC.com, I keep a running list throughout the year.

The first part is what I've bought and as I listen and review them, the second part of the list is the overall rankings.

Return to Forever would've definitely made my top ten but I thought it was an end of 2014 release... 

Nope. According to Amazon.com it was released March 3rd, 2015.

This was my list as submitted to CRB:

1. Thunder - Wonder Days

2. Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

3. Joel Hoekstra's 13 - Dying To Live

4. The Scorpions - Return To Forever

5. Beth Hart - Better Than Home

6. Don Henley - Cass County

7. Disturbed - Immortalized

8. Def Leppard - S/T

9. Europe - War of Kings

10. Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Letters From The Labyrinth

But I managed to check out another of my waiting pile list of 2015 lists after sending it in. The "official Top 10 list" for me now looks like this (not counting the 2014 Bob Seger disc that I found phenomenal but didn't listen to until 2015).

1. THUNDER - WONDER DAYS (2015)

2. IRON MAIDEN - THE BOOK OF SOULS (2015)

3. JOEL HOEKSTRA'S 13 - DYING TO LIVE (2015)

4. SCORPIONS - RETURN TO FOREVER (2015)

5. BETH HART - BETTER THAN HOME (2015)

6. DON HENLEY - CASS COUNTY (2015)

7. DISTURBED - IMMORTALIZED (2015)

8. DEF LEPPARD - S/T (2015)

9. WALTER TROUT - BATTLE SCARS (2015)

10. EUROPE - WAR OF KINGS (2015)

From what I've heard from Joel Hoekstra, it sounds great! Definitely, want to check it out. I liked your inclusion of The Scorpions & Disturbed. TSO is always great! Don Henley was a good record. Did not hear Beth Hart, will have to check her out. Nice List!

Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. Overall my list tended more towards the melodic side of rock and metal this year. It isn't always that way. And with Don Henley, Beth Hart and Walter Trout on the list, I cover a variety of genres.

It's always about what makes a connection with me and this year had a little more variety than I could've expected.

And yes, I can't recommend the Joel Hoekstra CD highly enough! Get it!

Here's my top 10:

1. Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Errase
2. Toto - XIV
3. Killing Joke - Pylon
4. Tame Impala - Currents
5. Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
6. Ghost - Meliora
7.Neal Morse Band - The Grand Experiment
8. New Order - Music Complete
9. The Sword - High Country

10. Def Leppard - Def Leppard

The last month or so, I've only, and I mean only been listening to Tame Impala and New Order.

I also think, that the Maiden-album will eventually be forgotten. It ain't that good. Probably 7/10.

I should had put Ghost before Maiden, and would have now. I was in doubt for quite a while regarding that.

Looking at my own list, 2015 wasn't a bad year. Usually, there are only one or two albums, that I still listen to

after a year or so, but there might just be 4 or 5 this time around.

Didn't hear Tame Impala, Killing Joke or New Order. Will have to check them out.
My Personal Top 10 For 2015

1. Eclipse - Armageddonize

2. Mark Knopfler - Tracker

3. Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls

4. The Darkness - The Last Of Our Kind

5. Stryper - Fallen

6. Def Leppard - Def Leppard

7. Sweet & Lynch - Only To Rise

8, Red Sun Rising - Polyester Zeal

9. The Neal Morse Band - The Grand Experiment

10. Halesrorm - Into The Wild Life

RSS