Classic Rock Bottom

Let's see....last week it was 18 years between releases and this week is 6 years between releases, therefore this week's pick is less Boston-y than last week's!

Released in 2003, this is the 11th studio album from Pat Benatar and her first since 1997's "Innamorata". What's really sad is that her popularity had dropped down to almost nothing in the '90's even though she did release two fine albums during that decade. Without record sales though, there really wouldn't be any point to releasing new music, which is a shame. 

She still sounds great and can sing the rockers and mellower songs to death, but not a lot of people cared. I did have the pleasure of seeing her on tour with Cheap Trick for this album and she did look good and sounded even better. I also must say that Neil Giraldo is quite an underrated geetarist.

Note that this isn't your 70's/80's Benatar. It is a bit more modern sounding so it might turn some people off expecting her "classic" sound.

So.....

WAS IT WORTH IT?

Go

1. Go

2. Brave

3. I Won't

4. Have It All

5. Sorry

6. Please Don't Leave Me

7. Girl

8. Out Of The Ruins

9. In My Dreams

10. Tell Me

11. Brokenhearted

12. (untitled)

13. (untitled)

14. (untitled)

15. Christmas In America

Availability:OOP, $32+ new, $15+ used.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lets see...  On one hand we have Classic Rock Pat, and now Pro-Tools Pat...  hmm...

This album is deceptively mellow, the cover leads you to think she's got something up her musical sleeve and after the first and third tracks this just goes real soft and I find it very difficult to get through.  Ive seen this in the used bins a few times and even had it in my hands at least once.  Glad I opted out...

Give me Classic Rock Pat all day every day over this...

I kind of agree with Scott.  The rockin' songs are really good, there just aren't many here.  The first track is outstanding.  And even though not hard rockin', the track Sorry is tremendous.  Especially that acoustic guitar work by Giraldo.  This song is really, really good.

But the rest is so dang slow.  And it sounds very processed.  Like Scott says, Pro Tools or something like that.

I'd probably pass on this one, though I did pick up Innamorata recently and I think it's pretty good.  Maybe a future candidate for you Jon.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos