Classic Rock Bottom

Thanks to Scott and his posting of "Ocean" from Eloy a couple days ago as his weekly SHT List, I just had to get myself some of this band's stuff since it was truly amazing.

I took the last couple days off from work just so I could find some Eloy. A couple thousand miles later and visits to six different states as well as a different country, I was able to track down an Eloy album.

This band has impressed me so much that I put the last album in my latest series on hold just so we here, as Classic Rock Bottom, can revel some more in the glory that is Eloy. 

As chance would have it, the album I found is the sequel (kind of) to Scott's post! Amazing how things work out like that! What's even more wicked cool is that "Ocean" was released in 1977 while this album, titled "Ocean 2: The Answer" was released a whopping 21 years later! Amazing!  

Since all of you (one) have listened to Scott's excellent post and liked "Ocean" (even though you're afraid to admit it), you will also love this album (even though you're probably still afraid to do any admitting). 

Even though this is titled "Ocean 2", according to band leader Frank Bornemann, this is NOT a sequel to "Ocean". Go ahead and decide for yourself.      

Ocean 2: The Answer

1. Between Future And Past

2. Ro Setau

3. Paralysed Civilization

4. Serenity

5. Awakening Of Consciousness

6. Reflections From The Spheres Beyond

7. Waves Of Intuition

8. The Answer

Availability: I didn't have to travel thousands of miles for this since it's available for around $8. However, I couldn't wait for delivery since I know all of us here, at Classic Rock Bottom, wanted more Eloy this week!

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Guess not?

Wasn't that a Fat Albert character?  If not then, I don't get it either, come to think of it, if it is then I still don't get it...

I was thinking Chicago mayor? I'm flummoxed.

Harold Washington was a black politician.  But the actual reference is to Eddie Murphy's Delirious. Here's a NSFW clip.  The language is quite strong:

Harold Washington? Is that your new President?

Holy flaming monkey poo! Between the SHT list and this, I believe Eloy has received the most responses on a post in a very long time. Makes me think that we need MORE ELOY!!!!!

Hey I was thinking the same thing!  What coincidence!  Just like last time!

Let's not go overboard with the Eloy, eh, fellows?

Actually, ya'll post what-ever-the-f..k-you-want-2-post....I don't have to listen do I??

But, as this Eloy is playing, I do like it better than the other one (no disrespect to you, sir Scott!). But this one, so far, is not making me sleepy. But, it's not making me want to go on an "Eloy journey" either.

In all complete, total honesty, as I listen to this, I'm thinking, "I wonder if my boss would mind if I fire up a fat one, and really, really listen to this stoner music the way it was meant to be listended too?".

Listening to "Serenity" right now, and this is actually pretty good! I like the "spacey" guitar effect. And the vocals don't bother me at all. Sounds like decent vocals to me.

Now, it's "Reflections", and I like this intro. Hey, Jon, can I borrow this from you, and burn me a copy? Ok, now some chicks are singing. Where'd they come from? Eloy's neighboring Planet, Aloy??

Oh no...OHH NOOO!!...is that an electronic voice I hear all de sudden???? Is that Mr. Roboto doing a guest appearance on Eloy? Oy, oy, oy!! Mr. Roboto needs to go back home to his own Planet.

All together, this is not bad. I wont be buying it, but I could listen to it again. In fact, it's starting over and I think I'll let it play through again. Whose gonna build the Eloy group page?

Yes, you do have to listen to everything posted here. It's a moral imperative.

No, you must purchase. Or keep on listening to it here.

Eloy page? That's Scott, if he wants.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos