Classic Rock Bottom

Not only am I continuing with my jaunt thru the 80's, I have also christened this week "Naked Guy Butt Week"!

Released in 1989, this ain't your typical late 80's metal. It's almost arty-metal, nothing that would really be played on the radio, except for maybe "Shelter". Arty-metal with a punkish feel, which makes sense since lead singer, Buddo, came from a local Madison, WI punk band. 

Behind the arst-metal punk, there is some positively shredding geetar. Quite a few time changes as well, giving it that arty feel, yeah? Yeah!

The title of the album came from the name the band gave the storage until where Buddo would wtie poems and lyrics on the wall.  

As for the cover, after a photo shoot Buddo asked the photographer to stick around because he had more ideas for a shoot. He didn't know what the photos were to be used for, but later that year the record company called and said they wanted to use the above picture as the album cover. The rest of the band was surprised, to say the least.

Two more studio albums followed and that was that for Last Crack.

Sinister Funkhouse #17

1.Good Mourning From the Funkhouse
2.Gush Volcano Crush (G.V.C.)
3.Blood Brothers Of The Big Black Bear
4.Concrete Slaughterdogs
5.Slicing Steel
6.Saraboyscage
7.The Last Crack
8.Shelter
9.Terse
10.Thee Abyss

Availability: Remastered version with a couple extra tracks will run you about $12.

Views: 281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dude, that album cover sucks!  It looks like he farted and the made the blood run diagonally, thank goodness there is this lovely lady, whom I cant recall the name of, to refocus me...

The music is weird, even weirder than the song titles suggest!  However, there are some cool geetar moments, like saraboyscage (whatever that is) and Last Crack but they end too fast, the Dude can play guitar, play it!!

The album got much better starting with Saraboyscage (again, what the hell is that??!!) but not enough to really like it, at all.

This was a new listening experience that's for sure! 

They have another CD that I had, traded, and have again. I can't really remember much of it, but it has a better album cover.

Here is a website with a few videos.

Last Crack Metal Music Archives

Yep, I have this one as well.

I agree with Scott on the album cover.  And his description is spot on.  However, the album may not be a masterpiece, but I kinda like it.  Truth be told, it sort of reminds me of Metallica, vocally of course.  That may or may not be a compliment to the vocalist.  Anyway, it's not a really long album either, so it's right in my wheelhouse.  Very nice post, this will be on my short list of L/FAOTW's for 2013.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos