Classic Rock Bottom

Second off, I want to thank all those that listened to the Goddo post a couple weeks ago.It makes all that hard work worth all the effort. Thanks, Rjhog!

So your first album doesn't take the prog world by storm. What to do with the second album? Why, make it more proggy! Make it so much more proggy that it's proggier than the first album, released only a year earlier. But, no more of that danceable prog. Nope, not here. Straight prog, so straight it makes the Bee Gee's progginess totally un-prog. Inconceivable!

What's great about this, is that you can get both these prog-tastic albums on one disc and you'll be amazed how you go from one type of prog to another. Again, it's totally inconceivable! I mean, who dreams up stuff like this? Is this real or just a fantasy? Is that a lyric to a song? I don't know!

Of course you have another prog album cover. There's deep meaning in that cover if you look REALLY close. Their debut album definitely had a proggy cover, just a quick glance would immediately make you think "PROG!" With the followup album you need to clear your mind and THEN stare intently at the cover for around 4-5 minutes WITHOUT BLINKING and you'll see the progginess.

Sad that this was the final album from Network. At least I THINK it's their last album. If you go by allmusic.com, they had a ton more albums. I think that's incorrect, but if Network did put out a bunch more albums, they were sure to be more proggier than the last since that's the way they proll!

Nightwork

1. We're Only Into Rock And Roll

2. Halfway To Paradise

3. I ALready Played It

4. Beautiful Lady

5. Star Gazer

6. Don't Do Nothing Crazy

7. Sundown

8. So So Good

9. Better Man Than Me

Availability: Both albums on one CD for around $10? Sign me up! Deja vu?

Observing known islands that still never obviously totally produce random original grass? 

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the covers graphic design was done in PowerPoint using Microsoft clipart and WordArt and was fully done in less time than their longest Prog song, which to date would be 6:03 ....

You are so WRONG. Everyone knows that Microsoft wasn't around until the late 2000's and this album came out something like 50 years before that. That was the silliest comment I have ever read. Do some research next time!  

After listening to that first track I'm really missing the Disco Prog vibe from lasy weeks post.  This one isntnearly as good (as the cover suggests).  Vocally, that second track is intolerable, the first 5 seconds of the riff had promise...

Whats with the high pitched vocals on this?  Its distracting from the, uh .... the...  errr...  oh nevermind! Both albums $10?  I'd say thats about 20 too much!

The high vocals are a bit distracting, but there's some really good procking songs on this album.

Maybe this would be a better Disco Prog album....

Got it!

please dont post it!!!  please!!!

Other than the obvious, what is wrong with this album cover?

The first track isn't bad.  I like that guitar work.  Nothing at all wrong with that.  I totally agree with Scott on track 2.  I Already Played It is the best track so far.  I like that bass.  

Some of the vocals are bad on Beautiful Lady, but in places it sounds a good bit like Styx.  Star Gazer is quite different.  I'm gonna have to say that, with the exception of track two, I'm liking this. 

Sundown is a pretty good song.  It almost has a Southern Rock feel.

Better Man Than Me gives me an Alan Parsons Project vibe.

This album was actually a bit better than the previous one.  This band sounds quite interesting.

Ah-HA!. Note that he mentioned APP which is....PROG!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos