Classic Rock Bottom

I'm sure there are Bruce fans out there that'll enjoy Rjhog's latest post. I'm also sure there are also folks that could care less about Bruce. Consider this a counter-post to Rjhog's, something totally NOT Bruce in any way at whatsoever. 

I've mentioned this band quite a few times on this here site. Couldn't find the right time to post this, until now. Guess you can blame this on Rjhog.

Let's grab some quotes by Martin Popoff from "The Collector's Guide To Heavy Metal, Volume 4: The 00's":

"There's death, prog, traditional, black, hardcore, doom, all set singularly unique through the band's three lead vocalist dimensionality."

"A complicated, mid consuming trip to be sure, and a rewarding one for the discerning metal fan".

And from allmusic.com:

"Into Eternity's Dead or Dreaming is loaded with great musical moments sure to please fans of death metal and progressive rock alike. One of the band's great strengths is the variety of vocal styles they employ ("clean" and "death" vocals, as the liner notes indicate), thanks to the fact that all four of the members sing in some way or another. Aside from the unpredictable time changes and hair-raising guitar solos that pepper the album, there is also a genuinely melodic sensibility that anchors the material; tunes like "Shallow" and "Unholy" offer more than just a dizzying array of the band's chops -- they are also real songs, which will make them appealing to more than just musicians. While the juxtaposition of pristine prog metal musicianship against death metal aggression is occasionally jarring and slightly incongruous, Into Eternity generally makes it work by fusing the two approaches into something different altogether."

Yep. You will get some CM vocals. For those that hate Cookie Monster, give this a listen anyway, they really don't take anything away from the musicianship. 

I first heard of this band thru a sampler CD from Century Media. I believe there were three songs from Into Eternity which absolutely blew me away, on of them being "Elysium Dream". There's so much going on within these songs that a second, third, even fourth listen is necessary. 

Hey, they're also Canadian which is another counter to Rjhog's post. Just realized that. Amazing. 

Dead Or Dreaming 

1. Absolution Of The Soul
2. Distant Pale Future
3. Shallow
4. Unholy (Fields Of The Dead)
5. Elysium Dream
6. Selling God
7. Imagination Overdose
8. Dead Or Dreaming
9. Cyber Messiah
10. Identify

Availability: OOP? This came out in 2002 for goodness sakes! Ok, $6 used.

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The feel-good album of the year! I'll get right on this after I get back from my therapy session.

I'll need therapy when I'm finished with this.

Before, during AND after. Oh, yes.

Whew!!!  My ears need a break.

Not really.  This was not nearly as bad as I expected.

That's not to say it was great...it wasn't.

Absolution Of The Soul was good.

Unholy (Fields Of The Dead) was real good.

Musically it was good in spots, but not always.

CM vocals are not interesting in the least.

I'm not mad at you for posting this.  

I understand.

I started listening to this and then I had to stop and repent.  I will try to get through the rest but will do so with a bible in one hand and the cross in the other... just to be on the safe side....

Your right this does have moments...  about 30 seconds when totaled up. So thats 3 seconds of interesting material per song...  And Im giving it the benefit of the doubt...

I know that you know that we knew I would hate this, and thats true.  So can you two Rock em Sock em robots get back to the regularly scheduled programming now?

Nope?

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos