Classic Rock Bottom

This is the 200th L/F album I've shared with the unwashed masses, so it should be a time of celebration. I should also thank all of the one that listened to each and every one of those 200 albums, but I won't. It's not worth my time. I'm also posting this a day early, because I have better things to do tomorrow.

Instead, I'm going to celebrate by myself. Maybe I'll have another 200 albums to share, maybe I won't. I'll do what's right, at least what I feel is right. Right now I'm going to celebrate me, and you're not invited. 

What you can do is give this album a listen, it's the debut from Saigon Kick released in 1990. Someone on FB mentioned this band (I think) and I promised that I would post a Saigon Kick album (I think). 

From allmusic.com, here's the album review:

"Saigon Kick's biggest problem musically and visually, was not knowing whether they wanted to be Jane's Addiction or Def Leppard. The band tries desperately to please everyone and though they obviously fail, their 1991 eponymous debut still features very inspired songwriting and some amazing chops from guitarist Jason Bieler. In short, the record offers everything from U2-styled, socially-conscious rock ("Colors" to "Come Take Me Now"), raucous punk ("What do You Do," "Acid Rain"), ponderous pop ballads ("Love of God"), and even a couple of hilarious pop ditties: the neurotic "My Life" and the homo-erotic "Down by the Ocean." Mostly, however, the group shells out numerous heavy metal varieties, including classics ("Coming Home," "Ugly"), a "bad pop MTV submission" ("What You Say"), and even some Eastern-flavored, trance metal ("New World"). Whew!"

So.........I guess the reviewer likes it? I do, and that's all that matters.

I'd write more but I'm quite drunk now from all that celebrating.

Saigon Kick

1. New World
2. What You Say
3. What Do You Do
4. Suzy
5. Colors
6. Coming Home
7. Love Of God
8. Down By The Ocean
9. Acid Rain
10. My Life
11. Month Of Sundays
12. Ugly
13. Come Take Me Now
14. I.C.U.

Availability: OOP, a used copy starts at around $10.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jonny my man, it worked!

You TAUGHT me brother!!!

Some Piggies for you, lol!

AWESOME!!!!

Proud of me?
I am of me, lol!
Tried to do it at Facebook where you wrote about the Piggies, but couldn't figure that out.

May not make too much sense here, but we know what I mean!

Just go to the page on youtube with the video and copy and paste the address from the address bar.

I think I tried that, it wasn't as easy as here, it was different with your instructions.

The instructions I gave you before were for here, for FB it's much simpler. Try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBfD4XuIfU

Just copy it and put in the comment section of facebook and see magic happen.

Wow, that was simple and it worked!
Jon, print this out and frame it...you are a GENIUS, absolutely BRILLIANT!

So I'm posting on this BEFORE I even listen. I am glad to be able to hear this. A while back, I found a Saigon Kick CD for real cheap at the used CD store, so I decided to "take a chance". I got "The Lizard" by Saigon Kick, and I love it!

It's definitely 80's rock, but it's really good. Killer guitar, quality songs, and very good production, I think, on "The Lizard". So I'll be back after hearing this. Glad you chose this one, Jon.

This one is not quite as good as "The Lizard" for me, but still an enjoyable listen. Plenty of good guitar here. There are several....well...silly songs on both releases. But plenty of good tracks, and lyrically, there are several songs that are not that serious on both releases. Glad to hear this.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos