Classic Rock Bottom

Almost three years ago, I posted "Common Ground" by Rhythm Corps and it generated mostly positive responses. Gordon liked it, which was strange since he's really not into that "type" of music, and Scott liked it even though he couldn't find a picture supposedly related to the band when in reality it would have absolutely nothing to do with the bands, album, post or life even though he would have claimed it did. I'm sure someone else responded as well, but they had nothing of importance to say. 

NOTE: As always, 100% collusion-free. All facts are from jonsmindopedia, unless otherwise noted. Any pictures may or may not be related to the band or album, however no pictures will be posted claiming they are related to the band or album when in actuality they are not. 

Just as a public service, this is how it's correctly done:

Anyone get this reference to Scott's incorrect post on last week's AOTW?     

Now, back to the music.

From allmusic.com comes the following band biography:

"Formed in 1981, this Detroit band consisted of vocalist Michael Persh, with Davey Holmbo, Greg Apro, and Richie Lovsin. Their best-known song was the minor hit 'Common Ground'."

Not much there. Let's grab the album review for 1991's "The Future's Not What It Used To Be":

"Rhythm Corps' second release for Pasha is a mixed bag. At times, there's just enough interesting stuff going on to make it a pleasant surprise. The leadoff track and single release, 'Satellites', is a kinetic little modern rocker that bounds along and offers a singalong chorus. 'Mother' is an affective, if overblown, midtempo cut that expresses concern for the environment. There is also 'Martin', which explores the mindset of a troubled teenager driven to homicidal rage. The melodies are solid, but the problem, as on their previous release, is that the band scratch the surface of the issues that warrant their attention without going deep enough to warrant the listeners'. However, for those who want to feel like they're being socially aware, without getting too involved, The Future's Not What It Used to Be is a good enough place to spend some time."

If you liked "Common Ground", there's songs on this album you'll also like. Pretty mellow stuff, but a decent album. This would be the final album from Rhythm Corps. 

The Future's Not What It Used To Be

1. Satellites
2. Choices
3. Mother
4. Feel A Whole Lot Better
5. Hell Has No Heroes
6. Right Thing
7. Voice Of Reason
8. Ivory Tower
9. Martin
10. World By Storm
11. Number Song

Availability: OOP, but can be had for around $5 used or $20 new.   

Views: 876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your memory is better than mine, Jon. I do not recall this band at all. But after listening to the first five tracks so far, I'm liking this. It's not "guitar driven" like most of the stuff I like, but its got very good harmony and melody, both in the vocals and the music. Pretty good stuff so far.

This is what you said about their previous album:

"I really, really, really must be getting old. Because I actually like this! It's mellow, but it flows well. "Common Ground" is a great little tune. "Cold Wire" has that spacey, echo-ey sound effect I like. Not bad at all!"

And now you're even older!

And now I'm laughing too! I guess getting older is better than the alternative!!

No idea what role Markie Post played in Motley Crue...  But I did love the show Night Court and she was cute cute cute back then!!!

Of course you get it wrong yet again. Part of a sentence above with the rest below. Still grasping at a non-existing parallel to Snotty Spew. It's really very sad.    

I'm here to help!

Here's YOUR next post, I'm doing all the legwork and giving YOU all the credit:

Due to Jon's mocking and overall bad behavior, I will be reviewing this using sounds and emoticons instead of words...

1. hmmmm , tap tap tap tap...  aha! 
  2. na na  ...  err, uh... ugh
  3.  (-.-)Zzz
  4. ??  ah....   la la la la ....
  5. da da dada dadada da dadada ...
  6. hmm..
  7. d(-_-)b ...
  8. uhh ...  eh ...  blah blah blah
  9. mmm hmmmm...  ah... 
  10. ((d[-_-]b)) ... 
  11. knock knock>>>  ...  err...  uh ....  ah!!!   ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn. That took a lot of work!

This didn't:

Yes and now lets get back to discussing the most interesting topic you've posted... (Posted...  get it?)

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos