Classic Rock Bottom

This week's L/F selection is not just the one album ever released by Keep It Dark, but it's also the second in a series of albums that have something in common with the previous week's L/F selection!

As you may remember, last week's selection was the only release from The Nitecaps! Now it's time to put on those caps that make you think because it's your duty to figure out what this week's selection, 1st Down & Ten, has in common with last week's selection!

I've now used the word "selection" six times!

This week's selection (seven) was released in 1986, so nothing in common there!

I would post a review from allmusic.com, but I don't think anyone reads those reviews when I post them! Or maybe there's no review on allmusic.com??!!

Keep It Dark

1. Dreamer
2. Love Lost Forever
3. The Outsider
4. Far from Home
5. Fish Out of Water
6. Better Than Me
7. Don't Surrender
8. If You Be Mine
9. Be the One
10. Who Can Say?

Availability: Around $7 new! Price is going up since I got it for $3.99 new! Hurry!

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, what you’re saying is that Allmusic isn’t really Allmusic afterall! At best, it should be named www.MostmusicexceptforbandswhohateonuslikebryanadamsandsomeofwhatJo.... Now I get it!!

Well, Dreamers not a cover of that cool Supertramp hit of yester year. Nope, not that, but it’s actually not bad, it’s a nice slow paced opener and the sax is well done. Didn’t see this coming!

Love Lost Forever is drenched in that late 80’s early 90’s production and keyboard, in fact the keyboard doesn’t work well on this one, it’s too moody (trust me it makes total sense!!), the chorus loses whatever melodic goodness it trying to muster. Not a very good song… Getting lost in the background about half way through The Outsider. This is all very mellow, even though this song may be the up-tempo track, it has a very slow paced feel to it, so far that’s true of every track and Far From Home only slows it down even more. Could’ve swore I heard this song fade out a bit around the 2:15 mark, so I was hoping for a change of pace, but it didn’t happen and at 5:00 for this droner, it’s much too long, they should have kept the fade out at 2:15…

Fish Out of Water, well… here again not a very good song, and so the story goes through Better Than Me and Don’t Surrender. Kind of waiting for that Red track to appear! Haven’t heard a candidate since the opener.

And were at the RED track!! Ah, the familiar Flock of Seagulls guitar riff, without the new wave sound behind it. Sorry Jon, not the right RED track, though it’s a close second with 2 tracks to go…

And nope, neither one can face the opener, the real RED track, Dreamer. Nice start, but fell off fast. Still a true definition of Lost Albums and another fine series, this is like your 4th or 5th series in the last month right?

No, no, NO!

This album is listed on allmusic.com, just no review.

Bryan Adams does not exist on allmusic.com at all, probably because he's just a figment of........something.  

Nope, never heard of 'em.  Probably won't know what the connection is either.  Oh, sorry Jon, for listening to LFAOTW out of order.  Hope you aren't offended.

First song is pretty good in a mellow sort of way.  Decent sax.  A little pace pick up on the second song.  I kind of like it. Very steeped in that 80's sound.  Surprised this wasn't a hit.  Then again, maybe it wasn't released as a single.  Who knows? I don't.  I really like this song.  The 80'sness (yep, just made up a word) continues right along on The Outsider. Cool bass work on this one.  I really like this one too.  This almost sounds familiar.  Can't lay my finger on it. 

Far From Home sounds like a Phil Collins fronted Genesis song.  Seriously, it does.  I can see where this might fade into the background, but it's really an okay album.  I'm still feeling Genesis, now on Don't Surrender.  The chorus is pretty cheesy.  Love the guitar tone and overall sound on If You Be Mine.  Not sure however if this one is the correct holder of the red letters.  I'm not sold on it being overall better than Love Lost Forever.  

Those last two tracks keep the background thing going.  But hey, this isn't in any way whatsoever a bad album.  I don't think it's quite up to par with your next post, but I enjoyed a trip back to the eighties none the less.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos