Classic Rock Bottom

It's the seventh album in the series!

It's Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply from Slade.

It's now been immortalized on CRB!

It was released in 1984 in North America but was released in 1993 elsewhere with the title The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome with some different tracks and a different track listing!

It reached #26 in the US, the highest chart position of a Slade album in that country. 

It had two singles that charted in the US "Run Runaway" (#20) and "My Oh My" (#37)!

It was certified gold in Canada.

It has a rather short review on allmusic.com!

An early-'80s album that managed to climb into the Top 40, thanks to the success of Quiet Riot's versions of "Cum On Feel the Noize" and "Mama Weer All Crazee Now." On Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply, Slade showed that they were still the masters of loud, trashy hard rock.

Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply

1. Run Runaway
2. My Oh My
3. High And Dry
4. Slam The Hammer Down
5. In The Doghouse
6. Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply
7. Cheap 'N' Nasty Luv
8. Can't Tame A Hurricane
9. (And Now-The Waltz) C'Est la Vie
10. Ready to Explode
      I The Warm Up
      II The Grid
      III The Race
      IV The Dream

Availability: Used runs around $24, new around $55.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dig this man!!!  I love Run Run Away and My Oh My, always have had a soft spot for this album, but I've never heard more than those two tracks.  So at this point you might be saying to yourself...  Why didn't Scott ever buy this then if he loved it so much?  Well, I'll tell ya ...  No idea why!  But I have looked for it a couple times in the past few years and didn't see a package worth purchasing, yet... 

Doesn't sound remastered so this version of the album wont do either, but still ... what a cool opener!  I can see the video in my minds eye!

Before I had a chance to meet you I always pictured you with the same haircut as the guitar player in this band...  OK no I didn't but it was funny anyway...

Second track is just great!!

Certainly good time rock and roll, the band looks, acts, sounds, and exudes a good time.  I could only imagine how cool a live show would be.  Though the mastering is not good at all, so the songs sound hollow.  I do like the title track, or the RED track but that closer is pretty cool too, has a real Queen vibe to it and a bit proggy, who knew!!  So for me I cant pick the hit songs for my Cherry pick of the album, so this is it - Ready to Explode!  Your Cherry song of the album!!!

Cherries are red. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!!

Supposedly there's a version with extra tracks so my assumption would be that it's remastered but I haven't been able to find it. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a boxset coming eventually.

Wait....so you thought I had Timothy B. hair??!!!!!

Image result for slade band

Not a band that's ever been on my radar.  If not for Quiet Riot, I likely would not even have heard of them.  For some reason, when I think of Slade, I think of The Sweet.  Not sure why.  But from what I've heard of both bands, I'd take The Sweet.

Anyway, that's not what we have here.  Nothing really stands out at all here, at least not until track number nine.  That one I like, and I like the closer too.  It's somewhat epic.

Oh, I do remember the lead track, but I don't think it's all that good.

So that converts to about one star out of five.  It's probably good enough to bump it up to two stars, but that's all.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos