Classic Rock Bottom

Considering that the last two Moon Martin posts went over so damn well, we're going to feature another Moon Martin album this week which makes it the 16th album in the series or even the third album in the series. So, it's a three-fer in many different ways?

Street Fever is the third album from Moon Martin, released in 1980. It reached #138 on the Billboard 200.

Not much written about the album since I really didn't look very hard, but it does rock a bit more than the first two, as it should since there's a picture of part of a geetar on the cover. I've always remembered this album cover for some reason, maybe it was big at my school or someone I knew had it and the album cover stuck in my head or maybe there's some deep, dark and hidden meaning in that cover that I've blocked from my memory. 

Ok. No allmusic.com review.

Street Fever

1. Five Days Of Fever
2. Signal For Help
3. Pushed Around
4. Love Gone Bad
5. Stranded
6. Breakout Tonight
7. Bad News
8. No Dice
9. Whispers
10. Cross Your Fingers
11. Rollin' In My Rolls

Availability: Around $17 new or used. It appears that this may be going OOP, but don't quote me on that. Or even believe me. 

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe its growing on me or maybe this Moon-man is getting better with each album.  This one I like!  Though, as usual, the red song is missed.  While I can see why you like the crunchy opener which contains some decent guitar work, its the second track that really grabbed me, and my wife even said she liked it...  its got a cool beat and a catchy chorus! 

So I'm thinking this album is trending up and the cherry pick is yet to come... 

Pushed Around is OK, would of fit nicely on a previous release.  I like the ballad Love Gone Bad, this is Moon at his pop-pop-poppiest!  And its catchy!

Two new wavish tracks are OK, liked the crunchy guitars again, and I even got into the reggae-ish "Bad News".  This album is shaping up to be something pretty fetchin' neato!

I didnt care for No Dice, seemed a bit off but it fits the feel of the album so its not all bad for this track.

Clearly if you're going to consider purchasing Moon Martin album this is the one, though I still kinda like Rolene enough to go back and check that one out again.  This one is bigger sounding, catchier and quite frankly really very good!  For the second week in a row, the Cherry picked track is a tie between "Signal For Help" and "Bad News".  Congrats, you've converted me on this one...

What's Scott doing as the women dance?

Why, here he is!

Another pretty good Sunday afternoon listen.  

When Love Gone Bad started, I could have sworn I was listening to a Phil Collins long, lost hit.

Not sure about the track you picked for the red color.  I really dig Stranded, especially the guitar solo.  The following track, Breakout Tonight, is pretty good too.

He really makes me think of Phil Collins.

I'm gonna take a nap.

Yes, this one is the best, but why do I have the feeling it's all downhill from here? I could probably look it up, but it's much more fun to wait for Jon to post them. Would be interesting to hear, whether he learned from his mistakes or made some new ones. I like Bad News as well, so by the democratic rule of majority, it is the best track on Street Fever.

As for the cover.

Meh, I guess it's OK. If there is one Moon who got the cover right, then it is Keith on his Two Sides Of The Moon. Now that's creative thinking.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos