Classic Rock Bottom

This, the 17th album in the series, it the one you've probably been waiting for but never realized you were waiting for it until now. You and I can call it album 17.1 in the series since it's the second (and currently album) album from Trillion. 

This was released in 1980 and didn't have much chart success, at least here in the US. It's a bit more proggy than the first release and doesn't have any snow leopards, which is a bummer since everyone loves snow leopards. 

The lead vocalist changed from Fergie Frederiksen to Thom Griffin for this album. There's really not a lot of info on Thom on the internet, which is a bit strange. From somewhere on his FB page it's stated that he was voted "one of the top AOR vocalists of all time in Classic Rock Magazine's November, 2010 AOR issue" but there's not much of a discography on him. He does have a nice voice so it's understandable but I just wish there was more.

Really no reviews on this album, but I'm going to give it my seal of approval. The second track is quite nice, puts me in a mellow mood, but it's not the one and only red track.....

Clear Approach

1. Make Time for Love
2. Love Me Anytime
3. I Know the Feeling
4. Make It Last Forever
5. Promises
6. Cities
7. What Can You Do?
8. Clear Approach
9. Wishing I Knew It All

Availability: Around $16 new or used. 

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a Toto fan I do have a certain affinity for Double-F, as real Toto fans know him.  Too bad he's not on this album!  As soon as I saw this I liked the idea of hearing more from this band but alas, without Double-F who knows what were getting now...

I already miss Double-F on the first track and the second.  Its the 3rd cut that I first like.  Would you call this AOR-Prog?  Its really what it is to me...  When its nice its quite nice!  Track 3 in the lead for Cherry pick of the album so far.

The Production feels weaker than the Snow Leopard edition this band.  The vocal range is definitely not present on this album.  Ah the required ballad, the guitar sound whiny to me, yes whiny.  What happened to this band?  The presence of one Double-F that's what!  The It factor has left the building...

Your supposed RED track has a weird Saga influence in the riff, I like that, but is it Cherry Red worthy?  hmm....  Kinda like the way this album closes out though.  Where was all this keyboard interplay early on?  the nice riffs, prog section and solos?  Seems like they tried something on Side 1 that didn't work and no one flipped the album over to hear the real good stuff.

Give me the Red track as the actual Cherry pick this week but give me the Snow Bunnies with Double-F edition of the band, or something like that...

Yawn.

"If FF isn't on this album, then I'm not going to like it".

Let's see what's a good, whiny picture for this.......

I didn't know they released more than one album.

That just tells you how much influence the Snow Leopards had on mu purchase of their first CD. The singer is no Fergie, but he has an above the average talent, so I'm OK with him.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems like the songs are getting catchier and more memorable as the sequencing progresses, which is kind of cool.

It's a worthy follow up to the snow leopards.

I remember the album cover from the previous album.  Undoubtedly, I enjoyed the vocals and the guitar playing, as well as the album as a whole.

This one is pretty good too.  More good vocals.  Dude can definitely sing.  I like the prog feel, and I'm not even what you would call a prog fan.  They are still laying down some nice guitar work too.  I'm not all that crazy about track two, but I know The Feeling and Make It Last Forever are both very good tracks.  

The goodness continues on and I immediately like the cherry track, Clear Approach.  Last song is good too.  

Look, plain and simple, this is good, underrated stuff!  Jon knows his lost/forgotten music!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos