Classic Rock Bottom

New Music Corner #172 - Judas Priest, Coney Hatch

The NMC you've all been waiting for is here. The much talked about new Judas Priest. Is it a true return to form? Listen and chime in... And then a real hidden treat in the form of Canadian band Coney Hatch. This one from 2013 so its a bit of a catch up post, but I think there's something for everyone this week. 

Playlist --> http://www.podsnack.com/CA69EFD9E8C/a1hf4i9n

1. Halls of Valhalla
  2. March of the Damned
  3. Hell & Back
  4. Crossfire
  5. Snakebite

1. Blown Away
  2. Boys Club
  3. Do It Again
  4. Connected
  5. Devil You Know

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Judas Priest--Thumbs Up

Duh. Really am enjoying this album. has a little bit of everything to please JP fans. Huzzah!

Judas Priest - I already have this and I've only listened to the complete album once so far.  But I did listen to these five tracks and I'll say, to me, this is definitely the "metal" album of the year to this point.  The geeeetar playing is phenomenal all the way through.  Halford sounds fine.  Because I've only listened all the way through once, and because I'm not really a full-on metal lover, I don't know where this will end up on my year end list of albums, but I think it's gonna do fine.

Verdict: Thumbs Up

Coney Hatch - This first track is 50/50.  The lyrics are slightly silly, which is the bad part.  But the song is fun.  And the geeeetar solo is kick ass.  I'm totally digging the intro to track two.  The song as well.  Another good solo.  Very cool song here.  Very cool vibe on Do It Again.  "Death by a thousand paper cuts" is a cool lyric. Cool, I just wanted to say it one more time.  Wow, Connected screams Cheap Trick.  And there is no drop off in Devil You Know.   This sounds like a fine album, another really good guitar album.

Verdict: Thumbs Up

Job well done Scott.  Two terrific posts this week. 

Both of these are really good listens. Some excellent lead guitar in both. Definitely will be buying the Priest, and the Coney Hatch is a strong possibility. SEND FOOD STAMPS....

Thanks RJ and Gordon!!!  I am really surprised by the positive response to Coney Hatch.  When the video fro Blown Away was posted in SMASH or TRASH last year they took a beating and based upon that I held back posting it.  Too bad it wont be considered for any awards this year, may have been an underdog but it seems like it may have cracked a list or two....

I dont recall that smash or trash, but if I "trashed" it back then, it just must "hit me" better this time!

Or maybe it was a song not featured here? Either way, enjoyed it very much, and I will definitely be playing this post more times. Thanks Scott!

I think I probably trashed it due to the lyrics.  But like I said, the geeeetar (no trademark infringement) is outstanding, as it is in so many releases this year.

And I feel the same way about Cage The Gods as Scott does about CH.  It's a shame they won't garner any awards because that album is simply fantastic.  

So it wasn't a SMASH or TRASH, but I did manage to find where the video was posted.  SO here you go Gordon, bonus Coney Hatch content!

http://classic-rock-bottom.ning.com/forum/topics/canadian-hard-rock...

Looks like I was consistent, for a change.

Must be nice having all these folks listening and responding to your posts.

I'm a High Quality poster....

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos