Classic Rock Bottom

I got two this week.  Anberlin and Saga, I thin as far this crowd goes, I'll go 1 for 2, but not liking Annerlin would be wrong.

So click a cover and lets start with them...

1. Armageddon
  2. Stranger Ways
  3. Atonement
  4. Losing It All
  5. Hearing Voices

1. Let It Slide
  2. It Doesn't Matter Who You Are
  3. Don't Forget To Breathe
  4. On My Way
  5. Luck

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two thumbs dropping, dropping, dropping, AWAKE, dropping again, put them on the pillow, cover them with a banky, they're very tired. They're asleep now. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......don't want to wake them.  

Now the cover makes sense. Listening to this is like have an "exam", but not one in a doctor's office. No, this is more along the lines of a prison exam, one of those checking for contraband. Those five songs could be one big song because they basically all sound the same. The last song seems to have potential, but then I think of better songs about voices and the potential is gone.

oops, that's for Anberlin.

Saga--Thumbs in the middle, more up than down

Seems to be a step down from their last few albums, but it's still pretty good. The first song is really catchy, the rest not so much. Unlike the last album, which impressed me on the first listen, this one might take a few listens before it really catches on. Maybe it never will. 

But, it's MUCH better than the exam album. Much, MUCH better. 

Anberlin

Is this their last album?  Seems like I read that somewhere.  Anyway...

Armageddon - There was a time when I really disliked a drum machine.  For some reason, if the song is good, I don't care anymore.  This is a good song.  The way it kind of builds steam is cool.  I've always thought the vocalist for Anberlin was quite good.

Stranger Ways - There seems to be a good ambiance with the first two songs.  I like this one too.

Atonement - There is one song by Anberlin that I really,  really liked.  It's called The Unwinding Cable Carl.  This song, as well as the previous one, are of a similar vane.

Losing It All - Strike one.  Don't care for this one.

Hearing Voices - Better than previous track, but not as good as the first three.

Three out of five...not bad.  Probably won't purchase but those three songs were enjoyable.

Saga

I just can't really get into this.  Don't get me wrong, it's not bad.  I do like the first song.  But the rest just does not hold my attention.  I thought I was a fan of Saga, but maybe I just like the songs Wind Him Up and On The Loose.  Maybe I should just leave it at that.

Clearly I love the Anberlin album, and I am sad to see this be their swan song.  I will be seeing them live in November here in Charlotte - so that's cool!  Have to admit to being surprised that RJ liked this!    Good on ya brother!!!

Jon - no surprise there...

Onto Saga..  Totally agree with you both. This was no where near as good as 20/20 was.  I was disappointed as well...

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos