Classic Rock Bottom

By "Only one this week" Scott

One new release this week, but its the first 2015 release posted so far, so keep track for your year end lists because this one should make a few different categories!  Its seriously that good!  So if this the way the year in New Music begins, well then, I'm very excited for what's still to come...

Click the album to listen...

1. Dying Rose
  2. Time Will Tell
  3. Me Without You
  4. Divine
  5. Strength In Numbers

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This album is awesome.  It should be a front runner for Collaboration of the Year (yes, we're getting a new category, but we are losing at least one as well).

Not a bad song here or on the album.  I totally dig the vocals.  And every chorus is big.  I mean big.  Listening to this album reminds me of how I used to listen to CD's when they first came out.  You'd get a new one and at least two songs are so good that you just want to listen to them over and over.  The first two tracks on the album are like that for me (The Wish and Dying Rose).  Again, just big, melodic choruses.

But it doesn't slow down there. It just keeps on pumping out the bigness.  Me Without You reminds me of, big surprise here, Dokken.  

And don't forget that Brian Tichy is on the drums.  And this disc has a huge drum sound, very powerful.

Do I have any complaints?  Only one.  Some of the songs have disjointed endings.  But other than that, this has been fun to listen to this week.

Me Without You, best song on the disc...

If this is the benchmark for best album of the year, we're in serious trouble.

The first & fourth songs are ok. The rest are garbage. Obligatory 80's power ballad? CHECK. 80's anthem? CHECK. Song which I can't decide on what it actually is? CHECK.

I will admit that the geetar is really nice. However, two decent songs out of five does not a best album of the year make. I might have liked this in the 80's, but then Stryper would have crept into my thoughts so I probably wouldn't have liked it anyway.

FINAL GRADE: Thumbs down.  

I didn't say benchmark, I said it should make a few lists and is a good leading indicator of the quality of music still yet to be released.  Geez...

If it's an indicator, we're in sorry shape.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos