2. Blood Enemies

3. Live Like I'm Dying

4. Breakdown

5. Caught Up In The Rush

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BSR - 3 out of 6

This is not really for me. I kind of like Thin Lizzy (yes, I'm not a FAN), but it is/was mainly because of Lynnott. I loved his solo-album from '79 "Solo In Soho", but also Jailbreak and Black Rose, but that's about it. Lynnott was sooo cool, and I'm looking forward to buy/read a new book about him later this year. Lizzy also had some fine lead-guitarist during the years, but I haven' really been that much a fan of especially Scott Gorham, and his trying to keep Lizzy alive so many years after Lynnott's death.

Now the name isn't Lizzy anymore, but the music sounds like Lizzy, well not exactly, but it's damn near close. And as always with me, if I can get the real thing, I don't need this. I would rather listen to good old Lizzy-albums anyday, than this. The singer annoys me, because he tries to sing like Lynnott. He DOES try!! When that is said, I can understand why others might like this album, because it aint bad. It's just not for me. 

Usually these days, if a band poses in pictures with leather outfits and sunglasses, looking as tough mothers, I have a strong feeling, that their new music is of not much interest to me. Prove me wrong.

Guess I need to find a photo of Steven Wilson or Neal Morse in leather looking tough. It seems as though nobody else has a chance with you.

Niels is in a zone!

that's awesome...ly bad!!!   SO bad its good!

BLACK STAR RIDERS ...Two Thumbs up

I really dig this band and I am a Thin Lizzy fan!  But...  with this one I was very excited to hear about a new release from them because All Hell Breaks Loose is cool.  But upon hearing the preview tracks I was immediately struck by how familiar it sounded to their previous work, so I took a step back and waited for someone to post this here!  Gorham is great no doubt, the geetarmanship is top notch and the production is immediately far better than AHBL as well.  But listen to Killer Instinct and Bound For Glory back to back, and they sound way close to the same song.  Bullet Blues gives me exactly what I hoped for, a very cool rock and roll tune with TL signature geetarmnaship.  This is the progress I wanted to hear!  Soldierstown sounds somewhat similar to Bloodshot just with a slightly slower tempo.  But still I like it.  Charlie I Gotta Go, sounds great!  Great retro TL tune, sounds like it could fit perfectly on Nightlife or Fighting, or if it was Johnny I Gotta Go - then it works on Johnny the Fox.  And that signature effect Gorham uses is in top form here.  Best tune on here!  Blindsided is also very good.  So it seems the band wanted to show their roots but start to claim their own sound.  I like this, a lot actually.  I've heard enough to put this in the shopping cart. 

The acoustic version of Blindsided on the bonus disc rivals the electric version.  It is killer.  I think Killer Instinct is a lot better than Bound For Glory.  I really like the lyrical content of the chorus.  It's a very worthy purchase.

Black Star Rider--Thumbs Up

Not a bad track on the whole album. Even better than their first album. Dig the album cover, reminds me of "Dr. Strangelove" but thankfully she doesn't look like Slim Pickens. As of this moment, every album that comes out this year will be judged against this one.

Agreed.

Eclipse--Thumbs 3/4 up

It started off pretty weak, but the second song was good. Even though the 3rd started of too power ballady for my liking, it picked up with the geetar solo. The last two tracks were good as well. Nice listen, but I can't find myself revisiting this so it's not a purchase at this time.

Total ECLIPSE of the heart ...  Thumbs half way up (I cant with Jon on everything!!!)

Been a very busy week, need to kick back and jam for a few.  You cost me money with the BSR post, can you make it 2 for 2?  Kind of echoing what Jon said, the first song didn't really work for me though it wasn't bad.  The second track faired better, but only slightly.  This is good, not purchase good (so far) but I like the mix, it sound really well put together and played.  Power Ballady...  yup Jon nailed it again (Need my wife to take my temp, this agreeing with Jon stuff is giving me a headache!)  And so it goes with the remaining tracks, I liked it but not purchased like it.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos