Classic Rock Bottom

NEW MUSIC CORNER # 34 LOS LONELY BOYS/WOLF/SIXX:A.M.

Disclaimer:  The CRB Staff decided to limit the number of releases that we feature each week in this column to 2, mostly to keep from overloading everybody with stuff to listen to.  The rules, luckily, are made of an easy to bend substance, so I'm bending them and featuring 3 albums.  However, to split the difference, I'm only including 4 songs from each release.

Los Lonely Boys - Rockpango (2011)

1.  Road To Nowhere

2.  16 Monkeys

3.  Rockpango

4.  Believe

from Amazon.com

Hailed by All Music Guide as 'one of America's premier rock bands,' Los Lonely Boys expand and enhance their trademark all-embracing Texican rock'n'roll sound on Rockpango, the band's fourth and finest studio album yet. Continuing to creatively draw from and meld blues, rock from classic to modern, soul, their Latino heritage and even snippets of hip-hop, jazz and more, they display greater assurance, creativity and sophistication than ever on their new disc while continuing to offer infectious music that goes straight to the heart. The stuff that made Los Lonely Boys stars- luscious brotherly vocal harmonies, potent songs with unshakeable pop appeal, irresistible grooves and Henry Garza's masterful guitar work's are in full abundance on Rockpango. It's a great leap forward by one of rock music's finest groups.

Wolf - Legions Of Bastards (2011)

1.  Vicious Companions

2.  Skull Crusher

3.  Tales From The Crypt

4.  False Preacher

from Amazon.com

2011 release, the sixth album from the Heavy Metal outfit. Wolf presents razor sharp vocals that burn the lyrics in your head and classic guitar solos that melt your face off.

from me

Simply put, this is old school metal.

Sixx:A.M. - This Is Gonna Hurt (2011)

1. This Is Gonna Hurt

2. Live Forever

3. Deadlihood

4. Help Is On The Way

***Click here to see the video from VOTW # 36 for Lies Of The Beaut...

from wikipedia.com

Sixx:A.M. is a hard rock band from Los Angeles, California, formed in 2007 by Nikki Sixx, DJ Ashba, and James Michael, and is the side project of Sixx, who is also the bass guitarist for Mötley Crüe.

Commentary

I have to say that at this time last week, I was ready to blast this album into oblivion.  I felt like it should have been heavier and less radio friendly, especially with a title like This Is Gonna Hurt.  There's even a country song on the album, at least it sounds like one to me.  But now that I've listened to it several times, I've done a complete 180.  Don't get me wrong, it is radio friendly.  Almost an attempt to play like Nickelback.  However, the tunes are quite catchy, and I've put up my 4 favorites.  Out of the 11 songs on the album, I strongly like 8-9 of them.  I'm even starting to like the country song.  As a matter of fact, I'll post, as a bonus, a player with just that song.  We'll see what you all think.  I don't really expect anyone to necessarily agree with me, but you can decide for yourself.

***Click this link to hear New Music Corner # 34***

***Click this link to hear the bonus track, Sure Feels Right***

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, here we go!

Los Lonely Boys--Thumbs in da middle

First track sucked. The rest were ok in my book. 

Wolf--thumbs are a-DOWN

Compared to their previous albums? Sorry, not for me. Saved me some moolah.

Sixx A.M.--Thumbs are slightly in the upward position

I kinda liked this. Not enough to warrant a purchase, but decent.

I knew it!  Your playing the Opposite game!
It's not that. I've got some serious problems.

I'm liking this Sixx A.M.

Considering a purchase on this. Me likey this new music corner!

Thanks Gordon.  I like the NMC too.  Sixx:A.M. has been number 2 on my best of 2011 year, behind Foo Fighters, until now.  It just slipped to 3rd (which still isn't to shabby) behind Night Ranger.  Stay tuned to NMC (not this week, but next) for the new NR.

I have heard the new Night Ranger is pretty good! And I have never been a Foo Fighters fan, but I know you think highly of their new release, and I heard 3 of those songs a friend played for me recently, so I might pick that up, as well.

Keep up the good work guys!

The Foo Fighters were in a previous NMC.  Click HERE to listen if you want.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos