Classic Rock Bottom

What CD's or DVD's have you recently purchased?  And it doesn't have to be classic rock.  Let us know about any purchases that you think are worth sharing.

Views: 6297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've only listened to a few songs so far, so I can't say overall.  I like the title track and the second song for sure.  Watch for it in my next NMC, which is next week after yours this week.

I went a little crazy today, because these days, I usually don't buy 3 cd's the same day, but I was looking for some new, or almost new prog Rock or prog metal, and this is what I got:

Spock's Beard - X

Symphony X - Iconoclast

Porcupine Tree - The Incident   

I still have to pick up X....one day.
Im telling you (yet again!) thats a quality release!  Its kinds in perma-play for me since I bought it...
I only had time for one listen yesterday, and I picked Porcupine Tree, and what an AWESOME album!! Man, I'm really a Prog-freak these days!!!!  
I picked up Beth Hart's 37 Days today.

From the last couple weeks:

The Cars--Heartbeat City

Tom Petty--Full Moon Fever

(The above from the $5 Walmart bin in Delaware. That's right, I shop for bargains while on vacation!)

Loggins & Messina--Loggina & Messina

Loggins & Messina--Sittin' In

Rory Gallagher--Crest Of A Wave: Best Of

Imports

The Electric Boys--Them Boys Done Swang

Big Country--Fields Of Fire: The Ultimate Collection

Deep Purple--Very Best Of

Renaissance--Da Capo

Savatage--Sirens/Dungeons Are Calling: Complete Sessions

Oops. Now how did I forget this?

Queen--Limited Edition Boxset Vol. 2 (News Of The World, Jazz, Flash Gordon, The Game, Hot Space)

Spocks Beard - Snow (Remastered and Expanded)

Spocks Beard - Beware of Darkness (Remastered and Expanded)

Spocks Beard - The Light (Remastered and Expanded)

Yes - Fly From Here

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors (Deluxe Edition)

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - How I Go (Special Edition)

Thin Lizzy - Fighting

Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Deluxe Edition)

Rainbow - Bent Out Of Shape (Remastered ) $5 dollar bin!!

ZZ Top - Tejas

Ted Nugent - Free For All (Remastered)

Scott, do you have anything by Neal Morse, the original singer/frontman/"creater" of Spock's Beard? He has just released a double-album or somethng like that called Testimony 2 (no. 1 was released in 2003, I think). I think he is VERY much a new-born christian. or has been that for a while now, and in a way just like I don't like devil-worshipping bands, I don't really like the opposite, (nobody's gotta tell me, what to believe in) but I've heard bit's of songs on Itunes from Testimony 2, and it ain't bad. Prog, you know
No, but is this a recommendation?  Because Ive been reading alot about him in the Spocks reviews and was curious to check something out ASAP...
No, I guess I'm not expressing myself in the usual sophisticated way: I've got nothing by him myself, but I had hoped, you could tell me, if it was something you couldn't live without. As usual, I've made up my own mind pretty fast on my own, so at this particulary moment, I do believe (not so much in god) that, I'll buy Testimony 2, and put it in my next NMC, that'll be around 2 weeks from now.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos