Classic Rock Bottom

What CD's or DVD's have you recently purchased?  And it doesn't have to be classic rock.  Let us know about any purchases that you think are worth sharing.

Views: 6297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heres and excerpt from a review, thought it was speaking to you specifcially...

Let's start off by getting something straight. You either like progressive rock with its numerous "widdly bits" and extended solos, or you don't. If you don't, look elsewhere. And you either enjoy Christian lyrics, tolerate them, ignore them, or are offended by them. And if you're offended by them, look elsewhere. As usual, Neal is not afraid to share that Jesus changed his life. After all, this is his "Testimony."

I like what Ive heard of this album so far, mucially and lyrically.  I am in tune with him, so no issue for me.  But more so musically.  This is a buy for me, now I just gotta go back and listen to part 1.

Now, it's me, that's confused: That means that you DO have Testimony 1??

Where did you read that review?? Did you know, that it's Mike Portney from Dream Theater on drums? Yeah, I know he's not the drummer in that band anymore.

I can easily say, that I LIKE progressive rock, but I do NOT "ENJOY" christian lyrics. But I might tolerate  or ignore them. If the music is good, and I do believe it is in this case, it's more easy to ignore "lousy" lyrics. Don't get me wrong. I do not hate christians or christian lyrics. To some point, I can tolerate them. More so, than if it had been "black" lyrics, like Venom or Mercyfull Fate. That's a load of BS, that I won't wast my time on, AND the music stinks!! (by the way: you'll let me have it for NMC, right??)

One more thing: Have you got "If" by Glass Hammer?? It keeps popping up on Itunes, when I look at Spock's Beard's or Porcupine Tree's albums.   

I actually just order Testimony 1 and 2 and Soul Sciptura because Jon recommended that one some time ago.  I used Amazon to read reviews and listen to sound bytes.

I will let you post in NMC, I have another set I want to post anyway.  Clear? 

You bet! But please answer my last question, unless it's one of the albums in your "another set"?

I do not own that, and like you, only know about it because it pops up in the rcommendations when I look at Spocks Beard or Yes.

I bet Jon knows?!

What question?
"Have you got "If" by Glass Hammer??" Or do you know anything about the release?
Don't have it, have heard of them but have never picked anything up. Checked amazon, it's receoved some very good reviews, but allmusic has nada on all their albums except one. Pretty cheap at 11 bucks though.
Hey Scott. Is "Snow" a good album? I sure hope so. I've just ordered it.

Septermber looks to be a pretty good month for music!

Opeth--Heritage

Dream Theater--A Dramatic Turn Of Events

Dream Theater for me...  Will be an interesting listen without Portnoy!!!!
Yessir!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos