Classic Rock Bottom

NMC #155 (THE PRETTY RECKLESS, WISHBONE ASH)

by "women are rocking this year" Jon

Another two new albums for you to digest. First is the second album from The Pretty Reckless and the second is the latest opus from Wishbone Ash. So far this year, we've had fantastic album from Space Elevator, Within Temptation and now The Pretty Reckless, all featuring female lead singers. The latest from Wishbone Ash is full of dual-geetar goodness, and you can't go wrong with that.

WARNING: The Pretty Reckless album contains sounds, lyrics and subject matter which might be offensive to some. If you're in a public place, I highly recommend you listen to the songs with either the volume turned down low or cranked up high as long as you're wearing headphones. If you're alone, just crank it!  

The Pretty Reckless--Going To Hell (March 2014) 

1. Follow Me Down

2. Sweet Things

3. Absolution

4. Burn

5. F*cked Up World*

Wishbone Ash--Blue Horizon (March 2014)

1. Deep Blues

2. Being One

3. Tally Ho!

4. American History

5. All There Is To Say

*For a bit of fun, spot the homage to The Who and guess what Who song it's from. 

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wishbone Ash - Thumbs Up

I bought this too.  It's very good.  I no longer have a problem with Andy Powell's vocals.  If you like guitar playing and well written songs, buy this.

The Pretty Reckless - Thumbs Up.

That's pretty dang good.  The only song that didn't totally grab me was Sweet Things, but it wasn't bad in the least.  It's a good mix of songs.  She has a terrific voice.  May have to pick this up.

THE PRETTY RECKLESS ...  Cindy Lou Whoolllly cow can she sing!! 

Musically this is really strong, her vocals are strong!  Little dark for me on the lyrical content and them though. Unlike Jon who is the Diet Coke of evil (just one calorie not evil enough) this walks the line.  That said, the music is nearly irresistible.  Absolution is just killer good!  Cindy Lou Who has come of age (nicely I might add) her acting talent while it may be good, cant compare to that voice.  hmmm...  thinking hard about this one...

Absolution is definitely killer. One of those track that immediately grabbed me on the first listen. 

Still looking for that Who reference!!!

I miss a lot of things...  Like Godzilla...

Nope, that's a BOC song.

WISHBONE ASH ... Why waste time putting thumbs up when you could've already clicked BUY?

Being One is jazzy freaking cool, loads of geetar and this one has a really cool feel to it.  This is purchase material and an easy top ten album for 2014 what more needs to be said?

Looks like Jon Boy did pretty good.

What's bad is Scott has missed the goodness of the last NMC post.

Yep, Space Elevator was top notch.

I've heard the first 5-6 tracks on each album, and I'm not impressed.

Wishbone Ash - I always though they were a country or southern rock band, but this is a bit more proggy, than I thought. But I'm bored, listening to it. not bad, but there's so much other music, that I'd rather listen to, so why wast my time.

The Pretty Reckless - She's got a nice voice. I wonder, if it's her, doing the moaning sound at the start of the album? I like this better than WA, but it's not really, what I'm looking for these days. If I had all the listening-time in the world, I would give it a change, but since I only got 1-2 hours per day, I will listen to Wilko Johnson/Roger Daltrey instead, since it has been released today. Tomorrow, I'll find something more interesting.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos