Classic Rock Bottom

by "bringing some pronky fug" Jon

Threshold--For The Journey (November 2014)

1. Unforgiven

2. Turned To Dust

3. Autumn Red

4. Siren Sky

Prince & 3rdeyegirl--PLECTRUMELECTRUM (September 2014)

1. Wow

2. Aintturninround

3. Whitecaps

4. Anotherlove

5. Marz

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THRESHOLD ... Thumbs trending down.

Scaled back production.  Unforgiven wasn't what I was hoping to hear, didn't care for the droning feel to it.  Turned to Dust is a big improvement but it still feels under-developed.  Liked the bass work in Autumn Red, but that's about it, the chorus falls short and its very keyboardy, kind of a blend of a atmospheric keyboard and an overdone 80's keyboard.  But I did like the guitar/keyboard back and forth solo a bit.  Not overly inspiring but it was a good moment in an otherwise OK song. Siren Sky...  eh.  I was hopeful this would improve on their last effort, which I recall as being much better than this. Not a purchase for me.

PRINCE &3RD EYE blind GIRL ... Two Thumbs almost all the way up

Much better production than Threshold!  Nice bluesy feel to the opener, certainly wasn't expecting that.  Now I'm expecting some slick Geetar work as well.  I'm also now hoping this is way outside any hip hop sounding stuff, and AINTTURNINAROUND certainly is way far away from that, although its a bit on the strange side, I expected that as well.  Whitecaps is pretty slick!  Great bass!  Anotherlove is really good - that geear©™ is smokin'!  Marz, and interesting little closer...  Not sure I will purchase but you given me something to think about!

Threshold - Thumbs Even

I can't say I hear the same sad production that Scott hears, but I'm not listening in an ideal environment either.  The songs, overall, aren't bad at all.  Autumn Red is pretty good.  But they all kind of sound the same.  And in the famous words of my two CRB brethren, this has nothing new whatsoever to offer the music consuming public.  That, for me, doesn't make it bad, the songs are easy to listen to, so that's a plus.

Prince and the Chick w/3 Eyes - Thumbs Up

Not bad at all.  Would this be considered a duo or just a collaboration?  Either way, the dude can play some guitar.  And write some rockin' riffs.  I like it.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos