Classic Rock Bottom

Two more newbies for ya.  First up is Billy Idol.  He needs no introduction.  Following Billy is Royal Blood.  I just picked this up.  If you haven't heard of them yet, you won't believe what I'm about to tell you.  It's a duo.  That's it.  One plays drums, one plays bass and sings.  All of the guitar sounds you hear are coming from the bass.  He uses a lot of pedals.  Anyway, give it a shot.  I've included a video as well so you can get a band visual.

Billy Idol - Kings & Queens Of The Underground

1. Save Me Now

2. One Breath Away

3. Postcards From The Past

4. Eyes Wide Shut

5. Nothing To Fear

Royal Blood - Royal Blood

6. Out Of The Black (Explicit)

7. Figure It Out

8. Blood Hands

9. Loose Change

10. Ten Tonne Skeleton

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Billy Idol--Thumbs Up

This is a fantastic album. Anyone who likes 80's-style Billy needs to pick this up now. It's so unexpectedly good that I listened to it twice in a row the day I got it. Less hard rockin' than "Devil's Playground", but still a fine, fine album. 

Royal Blood--Thumbs Up

This band has been featured on this here site before, I swear. Something to do with them making an album in their living room, or something like that. If I recall correctly, some of the music bordered on disco? Maybe I'm smoking too much illegal stuff and my brain has gone batty. Even with my foggy mind, this is damn good. Lot of noise from a couple instruments. It rocks too!

This is a far cry from last week's NMC post. Nothing here made me physically and mentally sick. 

You done good. You're still a tool, but you done good. 

BILLY IDOL ... Two Thumbs up

The Bible says Idols are a bad thing.  But I think in this case I may ignore those passages.  This is really quite good!  Going on my wish list!  Save Me Now is an instant classic.  Really a very nice tune.   One Breath Away continues the melodic ooey-gooey goodness.  Postcards From The Past is the cousin of Rebel Yell, maybe too much like, but is that such a bad thing?  Nope... its not.  Eyes Wide Shut, are these the same Eyes that don't have a face?  Nothing To Fear a nice closer.  Good post sir!  As Yoda would say ....  A Billy Idol fan I would not have guessed you were... 

I like good music, and this is good music.

Yes, it is massive.

BATTLE ROYAL RUMBLE BLOOD BATH... 2 Thumbs 60% up

White Stripes Part II?  I don't care for the White Stripes...  This is much better though.  Simple music too, not excessively layered or overly compressed.  First song doesn't inspire, but the second one is an improvement.  Solo's?  Weird...  Not sure I would classify them as solos, but the interludes are ummm...  interesting.  Lots of fuzz in the mix, after a few songs I'm not sure it was a good thing.  Loose Change is a nice tune, is that a drum track I hear? 1st, 2nd and 4ht tracks are realty quite good, the 3rd and 5th?  not so much...  Not a purchase but definitely a worthwhile listen and nice post!

For me, both of these are better than I expected. Not enough to purchase, but still enjoyable. I think I will listen a second time through now.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos