6. Dead Wishes

7. Before We Disappear

8. Through The Window

9. Murdered Of Blue Skies

10. Only These Words

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BulletBoys--Thumbs 3/4 up but then knocking off a point because......

....it's interesting that the song, "Elefante'", sounds EXACTLY like an Elton John song. How strange that is. Other than that (wonder if EJ's camp is going to be all over it), I had sworn off BulletBoys after "Za-Za" which was bad. I still have it on cassette, but haven't bothered giving it another chance since I already gave it a couple before. This seems to be less party rock and more straight-forward hard rock. Nice listen, but I can't put this on my purchase list. 

They covered Bitch Is Back on the album as well.

Chris Cornell--Thumbs Up

Much better than I expected. Really mellow, but I guess I'm in a mellow mood. Track #7 reminds me of Steven Wilson at the beginning. Hey, this also reminds me a bit of Big Wreck. Really nothing much more to say except that I'm really enjoying this. I gave it thumbs up, what more do you want?

Surprised you like this.  It's definitely mellow.  I'd like it better if it were cut to 10 songs.  

Speaking of Big Wreck, are you gonna get Ian Thornley's solo album?

Not sure yet.

CHRIS CORNELL -

I have to say, I'm dissapointed in this album. Hearing the single, I had high hopes for an album as strong as Cornell's debut as a solo-artist from 1999. But let's not hope, that that album will be the last great album featuring Cornell. Imo, it certainly looks like it. I saw Cornell live a few years back, when he was touring his accustic-live album of especially old Soundgarden- and solo-tracks. It seems like many of his fans loves, when Cornell plays accustic versions of Michael Jackson-songs, but I certainly don't. This album is purely songs made for yet another accustic tour, and sure, some of the songs are good, but they drown for me in the fact, that the whole album is too long and too boring, and almost every song start the same boring way, and continue the same boring way, with the same boring "I looooove her like none else can"-Bryan Adams-lyrics. I will give Cornell exactly one more chance, and if the upcoming Soundgarden-album is yet another dissapointment, here's yet another artist, I won't waste anymore time or money on, in the future.

BULLET BOYS ... Two Thumbs don't like this but they are really in a good mood, no lie!

Never been a fan of this band, but know plenty of friends who would cite their debut album as being quite good so I have no other reason why I don't like them other than they just don't appeal to me and sometimes that's all there is to it.  SO here we are now, and Tsunami doesn't really help the cause the song ends in a jumbled mess musically and that weird vocal thing they did... in fact his vocal is a bit more annoying than I recall.  And so the story goes until we get to Superhuman Girl and we take a turn for the worse.  Elafante?  don't think so!  someone dragged the wrong song into the playlist ...  regardless, this EJ cover has no life its muted and these guys just aren't very good... 

CHRIS CORNELL ... Two Thumbs thinking really hard about purchase

Dead Wishes is solid!  I really dug that tune.  The time keeping you hear in the background reminds me of John Elfante's "This is How the Story Goes", kind of cool!  Liked the second track as well, but its far cry from that opener, still, I like the kinder gentler more melodic Cornell so far.  Through the Window is another nice tune, but I can understand how this would be rough listening from beginning to end as this pace and style does need something more mixed in to make it more interesting.  The Blue Skies tune does mix it up a bit but it takes a good while to get there. Only These Words ... whoa!  This is great!  The bookend tracks here are superb, its the others that will make me proceed with caution.  Tempting....  very tempting!!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos