7. Surrender Under Protest

8. Filthy And Fried

9. Kinky Hypocrite

10. What It Means

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You gladly use money on this, but think that the new Neal Morse is too pricey

Just my meaning. You don't have to agree, and you don't.

Hey, I like Morse.  I would like to buy it despite your recommendation to do so.  But you have to admit, when most CD's are 10 to 12 dollars, 18 dollars is out of range.  

Is it a double album, or is it just the fact that all these effers only like to release their albums in Europe these days?

And by the way, I don't expect you to even listen to this, much less "like it".  You, I do believe, are unreachable.  

It's a double-album, almost 107 min.

I have heard most of The Answer, and it's just a waste of my time.

I know.

"..dispite your recommendation"

ouch!!!!

Was wondering if you got it...

Hmmm.....I'm tempred to do a "Gordon" pretty soon.

THE ANSWER ...

If the question is how good this is the answer is real good.  Its unique, its different and its interesting.  THe songwriting is quite engaging and the music well played.  This is the not The Answer that opened for ACDC in 2008, nor the band who's last album made my Top 10 of 2015, this one moved forward, and I like it

My biggest issue with The Answer is that the vocalist seems to be making a concerted effort to change the sound of his voice.  Less grit.  But I'm still getting to know this one.

The Answer--Thumbs In The Middle

First song was simply.....AWESOME. Then the next couple of songs were kinda bland, kinda just......THERE. Then the fourth song came along and it was........ALMOST AWESOME. Then came that last track and the vocals on that were......BAD. Don't know what happened there, but something seemed to have gone wrong. I must say that I really enjoyed that first song the most. Everything after that, even the fourth track, were a bit or a serious letdown.   

Drive-By Truckers--Thumbs in the middle

I dunno, I just wasn't into this at all. Every song sounded the same, nothing really stood out. I have an album or two from them and like at least one of 'em, but never bothered to pick up more. Guess I'm now in an upbeat type of mood because this didn't sound too upbeat to me. It is what it is, I suppose.

D-BT ... Two thumbs trending down even.

Gotta say that first song was really very good, had me very engaged and frankly very surprised that I'd even liked it.  So with my ears on high alert I got dissapointed by the next two tracks, very pedestrian.  But I love the Stones influence on  Kinky Hypocrite, he even tries to do his best Jagger impersonation. What It Means kinda sorta loses me again, but not totally.  I'm shocked to be sitting here listening to a band that I've likely dismissed 100% in the past and I really like 2 of 5 tracks.  I guess that may be progress for Bossman!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos