2. Don't Let Up

3. Say What You Want

4. Comfort Me

5. Nothing Left Of Yesterday

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KXM ... Two Thumbs just hanging out enjoying the background music  

Had to look up what KXM meant, now I know!  You like to sneak Kinds X stuff on here from time to time.  Lets see if it works this time. The promising start to the opener quickly faded into the background.  Second track is not a John Denver cover, which would have been better, but its not so its not better.  Each track seems to melt into the next, and still dont know why I can't feel this, its well played, the guitars are very cool, but the songs dont hold my interest.

It's King's X.

Now you need to zip it. Zip it good. 

In some subliminal way, I was being kind ...

NIGHT RANGER ... Two Thumbs reserving judgement for 3rd or 4th listen

Normally I don't rush out to buy a new Night Ranger album, its simply because their music takes time to grow on me, and while I did buy their last album - and its good - it just never sunk in, so I didn't buy into this one knowing that Jon or RJ woudl have this on its release day.  Like the opener, typical NR tune though nothing really attention grabbing just a nice tune, I think they should unleash Gillis more though, dude can shred!  Don't Let Up, now this is a cool tune!  Probably one of the best I've heard from them.  Say What You Want didn't really do anything for me, it was good but just there.  The opening riff on Comfort Me grabbed my attention back though the song doesnt sustain it.  Its a rinse/repeat thought for the closer as well.  Im 1 for 5 on this.  Obviously I will listen again because thats the way this band works for me,but so far, it good but not purchase good....

I remember getting an email from Rat Pack Rec. before the release of KXM new CD, with some great Limited Edition deals (you could even win a cool looking guitar with your pre-order), but this is just a bit less Alternative/Grunge than Dokken's Dysfunctional/Shadowlife and we all know those CD's are on the bottom of my pile. Mind you, as such they serve a very important purpose, though. In case my place gets flooded, they will keep the good stuff out of the harms way. Pass.

Night Ranger was always a band I liked to listen, but I'm pretty sure I don't own any of their releases. I do have the 'Lone Ranger'/ 'Around The Sun' / 'Gilrock Ranch' and the 'Alligator' plus other related material, but no Night Ranger, per se. Let's see what is this album bringing to the table. Track 1 & 2 are typical NR, nothing to write home about. Track 3, now we're talking. Love the energy. Track 4, Oh Yeah! Scott give this one another listen. Great keyboard/guitar interplay and before the song ends we definitely get a noteworthy shredding. Track 5, meh.

I thought Dokken's Dysfunctional was okay but I went one step further than you when it came to the abomination that is Shadowlife. I got rid of that flaming piece of bat guano. It's an embarrassment of epic proportions.

KXM - Thumbs Almost Completely Up

I know I'll catch some flack for this statement, but to me, the weak link here Pinnick's vocals.  Not his singing ability, he just sounds almost slurred.  I don't know, I just don't care for it.  But everything else is pretty cool.  It's definitely a groove driven album.  

Personally, the MVP for this band is Luzier.  He is a fantastic drummer, and I've never listened to Korn.  Seriously, he is a terrific drummer.

Night Ranger - Jury is still out.  Can't get into it overall so far, but there are a few standout tracks for sure.  It will take a few more listens for me to form an accurate opinion.

I've got the new Night Ranger disc, but I haven't popped it in yet to listen. I know that I listened to 2 or 3 tracks that got streamed online prior to release and I really only liked one of them. Thus, the jury is out until I do get the chance to listen to it in full and write up a review.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos