Classic Rock Bottom

Cheap Trick - Christmas Christmas

1. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day

2. Merry Xmas Everybody

3. Remember Christmas

4. Father Christmas

5. Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)

Europe - Walk The Earth

6. Kingdom United

7. Pictures

8. Wolves 

9. GTO

10. Turn To Dust

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well...I don't see that there was ever a call for Cheap Trick to do a Christmas release and so far it remains the one official release from the band that I have not bought.

And I wrote my review of the Europe CD so you know what I thought of that one.

Cheap Trick

It's not unusual for artists to put out X-Mas tunes. A whole album worth of songs for the season might be a bit much though, but not unheard of. There was time I would buy them and then the novelty wore off. That being said Track #1, 2 and 4 do a great job to put me in the Christmas mood. Track #3 doesn't do anything exciting and the last track is too punk, however, it was well executed, therefore...

Thumbs 3/4 up.

Europe

Heard the whole album and I like the full on Classic Rock sound Europe is changing to, even though they don't always quite get there. The previous album was a tad better, but Walk The Earth has it's moment and a possibility to grow on the listener. I really dig how the piercing synth sound changed to Hammond organs and there is no complaints at Norum's guitar playing, therefore...

Thumbs 3/4 up.

I wasn't gonna buy the Europe disc because it's been about 25 bucks on Amazon since it was released, but I noticed last night it had finally dropped to 14 so I picked it up.

Cheap Trick--Thumbs Up

Nice collection of HOLIDAY tunes, nice version of The Kinks song too. Damn, the way they're going we're going to see another album in a couple months!

Europe--Thumbs kinda 3/4 up

Pretty mellow, but interesting. Didn't really have interest in this, just because, even though I have their previous 4 or 5 released because they got pretty good. Might purchase this, but at a later date.

Agree totally with you on CT.  They are turning out some product these days.  No arguments here.

I've only listened to the first 3 songs on the Europe album so far, but those three give me a better sense of goodness than the previous release (but I liked everything since their rebirth before that one).

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos