Classic Rock Bottom

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominations are out. You can cast your Fan Vote once a day until April 28th at https://vote.rockhall.com

This year's nominees run the gamut of musical genres. Normally I don't care because they leave out the bands I feel are not only deserving but should've been in long before now.

However, this year instead of just complaining, I've already cast my first Fan Vote because two artists I care about deserve to get my support.

The list is:

Iron Maiden
Warren Zevon
Cyndi Lauper
George Michael
Sheryl Crow
A Tribe Called Quest
Joy Division / New Order
Willie Nelson
Soundgarden
Rage Against The Machine
The Spinners
The White Stripes
Kate Bush
Missy Elliott

I cast my vote with Iron Maiden, Warren Zevon, George Michael, Cyndi Lauper and Willie Nelson.

The Iron Maiden and Warren Zevon votes are obvious since I'm a huge fan of both. While Willie Nelson isn't rock and roll, the Hall has long since given up the ghost on being just for ROCK AND ROLL and there's little question that Willie Nelson is pretty much a living legend. If Dolly Parton is in, Willie is in.

As for Cyndi Lauper, she's had a pretty varied musical career from her pop star start to the stuff she does now. I like her early stuff so that's why I put her in. While I am not a huge George Michael fan, I think it's pretty hard to argue against his body of work putting him in.

As for the more traditional rock artists like Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden, I just am not a huge fan. However, since I can vote once a day, other than the Iron Maiden and Warren Zevon votes, I can change my votes however I want.

Views: 6

Reply to This

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos