Classic Rock Bottom

The new article in my series The Cassette Chronicles takes a look this week at the Rush album Moving Pictures. You can check it out via this Limelight Magazine.com link.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I could swear I had 2112. Maybe I still do somewhere. It's the one I like most from Rush. I don't have Moving Pictures. Like with Dream Theater, I have a hard time aligning with this band. For me Geddy Lee's voice kills the music, but I did like Neil Peart's drumming very much. I even had a CD he assembled many other drummers for a project. I'm pretty sure I had to part with that CD during one of my many moves.

So Limelight is your favorite Rush song?
Mine would be Red Sector A, followed by YYZ.
I do have a Tribute CD (perhaps even 2), if that counts?

Thanks for reading the article.

Yes, I really love "Limelight".

I've been trying to find a compilation that has the most of the songs I like from the band. I think I'm going to end up getting "Chronicles", which has 12 or 13 songs.

Enjoyed reading the article TR.  I am sort of like you, definitely a fan of the radio stuff.  But I do own every studio album, as I have gathered them over the last few years.  Limelight is definitely killer, but Tom Sawyer does it for me.  They all kick total ass on that song.  I write this as I sit in my chair listening to Counterparts.

I went out and bought a greatest hits compilation that has 13 songs I love on it. If I can find the other two or three songs on a compilation, I'd be good.

I'm just looking for the studio albums on CD to pass on to my friend I told you about.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos