Classic Rock Bottom

The Cassette Chronicles #126 - Frehley's Comet - Second Sighting

The Cassette Chronicles takes a look this week at the Frehley's Comet album Second Sighting. You can check out the article via this Limelightmagazine.com link.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ace has the most remarkable and consistent solo career from the original line up. I have this on CD and many more from him, but the one I listen to most often would be the first Frehley's Comet, maybe because I had it on LP the longest. It grew on me.

I do agree with you about the spoken words on the Instrumental track. They truly are distracting. Not sure why they thought it's a good idea to play them over the music?

Yes, I don't get that spoken word stuff. It just ruins an otherwise invigorating instrumental.

This is one I actually do not own.  I have come across it a couple of times recently but have either been too slow (an online opportunity) or the cd was missing when I opened the case (thrift store opportunity).  I will find it soon.  

I assume, based on the article, that you have not heard his 1978 solo album.  Is that correct?

That's correct. I avoid those Kiss "solo" albums like I avoid people.

Why is that?

Because I've read all about them and I don't feel the need to add what is universally agreed bad to mediocre music to my collection. This excludes Ace's album which is reportedly good but then I'd have to have all four to complete the collection and I just can't do that to myself.

Hmmmm.  I think Paul’s is outstanding and Ace’s is a very close second.  Can’t argue in favor of the other two, but I do think you are missing out.  Just my opinion of course.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos