Classic Rock Bottom

This week's new article in my Cassette Chronicles series looks at the Accept album Death Row. You can check it out via this Limelight Magazine.com link.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is yet one of those albums I still need to add to my collection.

It came out in a depressing time for me, with a bleak future to look forward to, and I had no way of keeping up with the music scene, nor was I much interested in it either. 

I only heard the album after I was able to stream it on the internet. It was on my list since then, but I never came across a used copy, so the status is still a quo. I do agree with your notion that once an album has more than 10 tracks, it's time to get picky. In my case like... really picky. When I rate albums, I gave them negative points for every song past number 10, which they can gain back if those songs are good or great, but yeah... I'm total with you on that aspect. The only thing I don't agree with is to cull the instrumentals. Granted they would have been a better choice for a Hoffmann's solo album, but I'll take them where ever they are.

When I want to listen to something from the DEATH ROW, I also look up "Prejudice" and that song with the "Sabre Dance" solo. Even though I don't have this album (yet), which means I haven't given it a proper listen, I still rank "Death Row" above "Balls To The Wall".

I don't take away anything for albums that have more than 10 tracks automatically. I only take away when the songs aren't great. As for the instrumentals, I'd have been more interested in them had they been the least bit interesting to me. Since they weren't anything GREAT, I can do without them.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos