Classic Rock Bottom

My new Cassette Chronicles article this week takes a look at the Scandal album Warrior. You can check it out via this Limelight Magazine.com link.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I think of Scandal, I also think of One Hit Wonders, except I associate them with Goodbye To You.
They appear on four different Compilations by Risky Business and one would think, with 4 different songs. However, Warrior appears on one CD, while Goodbye To You on 3 separate occasions, pretty much settling the debate which song had more traction.

Back home, I heard Goodbye To You but Warrior was a much later discovery. It made me wonder why the album was not released there, but then I saw you mention Goodbye wasn't even on this album. I gave a short listen to the other two singles you noted (after all, we are talking about the 80s, when hits were chasing each other off the charts on a weekly basis, great songs often fell through the cracks), but after hearing them, and running on the assumption they would pick the strongest songs to chart, it's obvious why this album didn't stick.

I discovered "Goodbye To You" long after "The Warrior" was the band's big hit. Kind of why I think of the band as a one-hit wonder.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos