Another vocalist Top 3 list today, but this one with a twist. You know what I mean, guys or gals who you think were awesome rock singers, but they wouldn't have been very good in the church choir. Here's mine:
1. David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
2. Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)
3. Bon Scott (AC/DC)
Remember what I'm saying. This is not a criticism, it's a nod to folks who have done an outstanding job with less. These guys are great, they just don't have a traditionally great voice.
Neil Young (Still love him though)
Bob Dylan (not a fan, but gotta respect him)
Janis Joplin (it's screechy)
1. Pete Townshend (sometimes, he sings better than Daltrey)
2. Tom Waits (I love his voice, but I think, he belongs in this top-3!!)
3. Lou Reed (He's got a cool voice, but he can't sing!!)
Tom Pfieffer (Cinderella)..one of the Great 'Screamers!"
Danny Vaughan (Tyketto/Vaughan etc) ... he always sounds Flat & off key to me but i love the songs
Mike Tramp (White Lion)..again, flat and off-key , but somehow it works!
Good post RJ..theres a lot of it out there!
James "JY" Young
Oh crap! You said 3, oh my what have I done!!!