Classic Rock Bottom

We haven't had a Top 5 list in a while, so here we go.  Please list your Top 5 Sitcom Characters.

Rules:

1. Must be a sitcom character.  

2. Characters from variety shows not allowed (for instance, SNL or The Carol Burnette Show).

That's it.  Post your Top 5.

Mine are:

5. Norm Peterson (George Wendt, Cheers)- Not a huge roll, but always full of one-liners.  Norm was great.

4. The Fonz (Henry Winkler, Happy Days) - He was just too cool.  One of my favorites growing up.

3. George Costanza (Jason Alexander, Seinfeld) - My all time favorite sitcom.  Full of great characters, none better than George, although Kramer and Elaine get honorable mentions.

2. Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor, All In The Family) - The ultimate bigot.  Not that that's anything to be proud of, but he got away with it, over and over.  

1. Barney Fife (Don Knotts, The Andy Griffith Show) - One of the all-time genius comedy actors.  But he was never as funny in anything else (with the possible exception of The Apple Dumpling Gang).  I'd love to know every part of that show that he wrote and/or ad-libbed.  

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are lots of good of good ones, but these just make me laugh the hardest.

5. Arthur Spooner (King Of Queens) Jerry Stiller

4. Ben Katz (Dr. Katz Proffesional Therapist) John Benjamin

3. Dr. Alan Harper (Two & A Half Men) John Crier

2. Niles Krane (Frasier) David Hyde Pierce

1. Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) Jim Parsons 

5 - Ginger/Mary Ann - Gilligans Island ... a tie between two cuties

4 - Barney Fife

3 - JJ of Good Times  "dyno-mite!!"

2 - The big fat German guy from Hogan's Heros    "I know nuff-ting...nuff-ting" (read in German accent!!)

1 - The Fonz  (the epitome of cool!)

Schultz!

And I'll take Ginger please.

That's it!! Schultz...side kick to Captain Klinger, I believe?

And yeah, I'm sure Ginger could "rock our world"...but Mary Ann had that halter top, or whatever, and those tight, short shorts...

I'm sticking with Ginger.  Always have, always will.

It was Schultz and Colonel Klink.  Loved that show too.

Both were hot, fer shur!! And my bad memory is showing my age again!! Colonel Klink, Captain Klinger....at least I got the initials right!

mARY aNN

5. Claiborne Wilberforce Humphries from Are You Being Served?

4. Norm from Cheers

3. Hawkeye from M*A*S*H

2. Lucy from I Love Lucy

1. ARCHIE BUNKER

By the way, if anyone is interested I did an article on my top 10 favorite sitcoms of all-time for an off topic post on the sports blog website I write for. You can check it out here: http://t-s-b-n.com/pt/My-Top-10-Sitcoms-of-All-Time/blog.htm

That was interesting TR.  I like I Love Lucy too, but as a kid, I watched her next show, I think it was called The Lucille Ball Show, much more often.  Mr. Mooney was a great character whom I had forgotten about until I read your list.

Well, I'm glad I could give you a memory back then. :D

5. Maxwell Smart (Get SMART) Don Adams

4. Gomer Pyle (Gomer Plyle USMC) Jim Nabors

3. Archie Bunker (All In The Family) Carol O' Conner

2. Barney Fife (Andy Griffith) Don Knotts

1. Ralph Kramden (The Honeymooners) Jackie Gleason

Anybody else?  I'm closing the thread soon.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos