Classic Rock Bottom

VAN HALEN RUMORED TO HAVE NEW SONGS & TO TOUR IN 2018 WITH MICHAEL ANTHONY

It appears that the mighty Van Halen may soon be back in action as a post yesterday from the vhlinks.com website’s “Forum Frontman” Fudd indicates that Van Halen are recording new music at guitarist Eddie Van Halen‘s 5150 studio and that they may be touring with Michael Anthony for a 40th year anniversary tour.

The following are excerpts from Fudd‘s post on vhlinks.com on December 21, 2016 at 7:22 pm:

“Ok guys. Was waiting on some more info and here’s what I got:

New music has BEEN recorded. It started over a few years ago and continues to this day. The photo of Dave at the cigar shop was very telling. Almost like a plant if you get me. They are recording at 5150 and that Dave and Ed are working together in harmony doing all new material. There is no animosity. Everyone is getting along. A lot of the “fights” and “hate” is extremely exaggerated. Wolf is the bass player for these sessions.

There is a box set/compilation set coming. The Sammy albums are being remastered. That I know. What extra material that is available is sketchy. Ed has the masters of the Sammyalbums. It will be done and distributed by Warner Brothers.

Wolf‘s album is slated to drop in spring of this year. Wolf wants to spread his wings so don’t expect him to be in the band much longer. Wolf is solely responsible for almost everything that has happened. Dave likes Wolf and they get along.

Van Halen will tour in 2018. Mike has been in contact with the band to be back in for 40th anniversary tour. Also, Sammyis not totally out of the picture but I don’t have a lot on that aspect of this equation. This will more than likely be the last we hear from the band. Wolf will be opening.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This reads like Deja Vu for the past 20 years and only once has it been right.  I hope it is one more time!

Hmmmmmm......

I hope so too, but I ain't holdin' no breath...

The idea of new music seems reasonable to me and I would think they would want that exclamation mark on their studio careers.  The remasters of the Hagar era albums is mildly interesting, not because they don't need it, but because their Roth era remasters are fairly underwhelming.

The remasters are underwhelming? Compare the original CD releases to the first remasters and there's a huge difference. Now, if you're talking about the re-remasters, you might have something there.

Had to be the re-remasters then.. 

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos